website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Dnia 22.04.2020 o 20:37, rybak napisał:

Well, it's so okay that yesterday I watched "only" 7 episodes without any break :lol: 

I watched yesterday first two episodes of season 4, I can say that Clarke did a big mistake in season three finale... IMO 

55 minutes ago, Agger said:

How lovely. Just finished season 7 of Homeland yesterday just to find out that I will not be able to watch season 8 for a long time due to tv rights!

I know the feeling man (not sure about Homeland, I think I still have to start season 7), but luckily there are....other ways :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

57 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I know the feeling man (not sure about Homeland, I think I still have to start season 7), but luckily there are....other ways :p 

Sure there are. But I guess it'll be patience for now... Meaning 1st episode of Breaking Bad done :p

Meanwhile, in the guilty pleasures category, I saw Avatar (The Last Airbender) is on Netflix completely so I've decided to rewatch the whole thing for the first time in many years - I liked it when I was a kid and it was on TV, I still like it now apparently :d 

I am now watching with English audio instead of Dutch though. I prefer English in certain cases and for 90% of the show or so, but some things just don't have 'it' in English (Iroh sounds a bit less epic/wise/awesome, and I can't stand the way too American way they pronounce 'Aang'...same with most names, but especially that one (but also Iroh).

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

6 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Meanwhile, in the guilty pleasures category, I saw Avatar (The Last Airbender) is on Netflix completely so I've decided to rewatch the whole thing for the first time in many years - I liked it when I was a kid and it was on TV, I still like it now apparently :d 

I am now watching with English audio instead of Dutch though. I prefer English in certain cases and for 90% of the show or so, but some things just don't have 'it' in English (Iroh sounds a bit less epic/wise/awesome, and I can't stand the way too American way they pronounce 'Aang'...same with most names, but especially that one (but also Iroh).

I just finished watching it last month. It was still just as enjoyable as ever. Unfortunately, Korra isn’t available on any streaming platforms I have currently.

In other news, Netflix’s live action series of ATLA has been seriously delayed due to Covid :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 13/04/2020 at 21:57, hckosice said:

Are the names of the movies or TV Shows changed in your countries ? For example Zootopia is here Zootropolis :d  I know the french did it always A-Team = l´agence tout risque lol etc... but here in general even if the name is translated into CZ/SK it´s usually the exact translation of the title in the original language

sure! and sometimes they come up with really absurd translations that have nothing to do with the original title...:facepalm:

the most famous of them all is "Murder, she wrote" becoming "la signora in giallo" (literally, "the Lady in yellow*")

*yellow (books/movies/tv series) is the name for thriller genre in Italy...

by the way, I just finished NCIS #16 and Power's series finale* (one of the most disappointing ever...the 6th and last season should have never been filmed...and tbh, the whole series should have ended around midway through the 3rd season to make it a great series...everything else has just been senseless and made it less and less interesting...I only went on until the end because I used to love "Ghost"'s character)...

*both on sky Italia platform

now I'm mainly watching Bosch (I really love it, I'm still at season #4) and Hawai'i Five-0 (I'm still at season #6, almost done) on Amazon Prime Video...

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I just finished watching it last month. It was still just as enjoyable as ever. Unfortunately, Korra isn’t available on any streaming platforms I have currently.

I've got a feeling I'll find a solution for that :banana:

I've never watched Korra yet, I don't remember it ever being on TV here (and if it was, it was probably when I was just never watching Nickelodeon anymore :d ).