website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

Rumours about Bruce Willis' health have been confirmed. He was diagnosed with aphasia and will stop acting. This probably explains his questionable acting choices for the last few years that would make Steven Seagal B-level crap look like Ben Hur.

It's a shame, Willis is on my Mount Rushmore of US actors for over 30 years :yes

29 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Rumours about Bruce Willis' health have been confirmed. He was diagnosed with aphasia and will stop acting. This probably explains his questionable acting choices for the last few years that would make Steven Seagal B-level crap look like Ben Hur.

It's a shame, Willis is on my Mount Rushmore of US actors for over 30 years :yes

Nooooooooo :( Oh man, this is so sad.. Myself, like many others, have scratched their heads on why Bruce was doing all those straight to dvd/video/streaming/Target action films given his pedigree, but in retrospective, it was probably the right decision for him. Nevertheless an ICON of film in the last 40 years. :bowdown:

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

If you are a movie fan you are probably knowing what is happening right now and that we are seeing history unfolding before our eyes. Top Gun Maverick is doing a madman boxoffice run, that is going to be talked about decades from now. :bowdown: Things like this just doesn't happen to anything that's not Star Wars or MCU in the US. It just had a 90 million second US weekend with a new all time record of just 29% decline from the the premier weekend (for blockbuster 100+ million openings). Current projections have it making the top 15 US all time with a conservative numbers at 520-550, with some insiders having it going to 600 with the amazing holds it currently shows. And it's not only the US, there were insane holds in almost every other country for the second weekend, i even saw single digit drops in some major markets. Absolute bonkers positive word-of-mouth is carrying this film. 

image.png

image.png

image.png

Top Gun: Maverick Has Won The First A+ CinemaScore Of 2022

What else could be said, beside what i have been humming for years and some people have just started realizing. Tom Cruise is and has been the Biggest Movie star in the world and probably the last true one we are going to see. This persons love, passion and dedication to the craft of cinema and the desire to bring the ultimate experience to the viewers is almost unparalleled to any other actor out there (at least for those younger than him).

PS. Looks like i am extra excited about this situation, sorry about that. :d  

Hmm, my dad started about this movie last week. Maybe I should take his suggestion and finally watch that first Top Gun movie, although I've postponed that for the past 15 years or so since it just seems so totally not my thing :p 

Almost starting to get curious now though.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

And after 31 days of release, 2 landmark milestones have been reached! :woohoo:

‘Top Gun: Maverick’ Catapults Past $1B At Worldwide Box Office

Also domestic has moved past 500 million to enter the top 15 (unadjusted for inflation grosses! ) en route to top 10 and who knows, maybe even top 5!

image.png