website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

21 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I know.

While the rest of the world goes on another direction, Latin American still recycling same old crap, now for digital platforms.

Anglo-saxons never get sick of mythological creatures, Japanese never get sick of samurai, French never get sick of bleak existential dilemmas amongst wealthy Parisians.   Latin Americans never get sick of babes in bikinis fighting poverty and injustice.:fencing:

Since I'm heavily invested in tracing my grandfather's heritage back to Russia. I've now become interested in Russian movies and serials. I never really yearned or took much interest for the motherland much but since talking to my grandfather whose not got long to live he taught me about his upbringing and then how he escaped communism. I guess the older you get the more interested you are in odd things like genealogy etc. Now I've become interested in a lot of things Russian. This series is one of my favorite Russian series, practically village life for this one particular family before, during and after WW2. 

https://youtu.be/JBq7XaJylHE

Quite like Ragnarok on Netflix even though not exactly a huge fantasy drama fan but the plot is very intruiging. Also like the Nordic Noir genre have to say the Scandinavians do dark thrillers and suspense very well indeed.

1 hour ago, Joshi said:

Quite like Ragnarok on Netflix even though not exactly a huge fantasy drama fan but the plot is very intruiging. Also like the Nordic Noir genre have to say the Scandinavians do dark thrillers and suspense very well indeed.

Best scene in television as far as I’m concerned (it’s from season 2, just in case you haven’t watched it yet.):

Spoiler

Yeah, I didn’t think I’d like Ragnarok, but it has become one of my favorite shows. The plot is indeed gripping. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Best scene in television as far as I’m concerned (it’s from season 2, just in case you haven’t watched it yet.):

Reveal hidden contents

Yeah, I didn’t think I’d like Ragnarok, but it has become one of my favorite shows. The plot is indeed gripping. 

Only one bug bear with Ragnarok they killed off Vidar too early I feel. But in saying that Fjor has got into the villainous role rather well. Don't worry I've seen the 2nd season and yup, great scene.

1 hour ago, Joshi said:

Only one bug bear with Ragnarok they killed off Vidar too early I feel. But in saying that Fjor has got into the villainous role rather well. Don't worry I've seen the 2nd season and yup, great scene.

Spoiler

It depends how you classify the figure of Loki, who plays the “trickster” role in Norse methodology. Tricksters often aren’t seen as good or evil. I actually feel like they’ve done a good job at that so far, so it will be interesting to see where they go in season 3.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 hours ago, Joshi said:

Since I'm heavily invested in tracing my grandfather's heritage back to Russia. I've now become interested in Russian movies and serials. I never really yearned or took much interest for the motherland much but since talking to my grandfather whose not got long to live he taught me about his upbringing and then how he escaped communism. I guess the older you get the more interested you are in odd things like genealogy etc. Now I've become interested in a lot of things Russian. This series is one of my favorite Russian series, practically village life for this one particular family before, during and after WW2. 

https://youtu.be/JBq7XaJylHE

I watched a whole pile of Russian historical shows under lockdown. They’re good.  The Poles are always the bad guys.  As soon as guys with moustaches (Russians have beards) show up, szpeaking Ruszian witz a liszp, accompanied by Catholic priests, you know there is trouble brewing in the Kremlin.  English people are usually outrageously camp & speak with American accents, even in the 16th century.  The Tsar always goes mad in the end.

• 3 weeks later...