website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

26 minutes ago, Federer91 said:

Not a fan of the Netflix? :d Though to be fair, i too haven't watched the "favourites" yet. 

Not a fan of movies, definitely a fan of Netflix/series :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

When it comes to great movies, TSPDT updated their list of the top 1000 movies of all time. For those not familiar with it, it has thousands of aggregated polls included. In my opinion, even though i love the Imdb 250, this is the cornerstone.

Here are the current top 100:

http://www.theyshootpictures.com/gf1000_100-1.htm

Cancel culture in full swing. Gina Carano got fired from 'Mandalorian' for comparing the US political climate to Nazi Germany :bye:

She did't realize you don't post anything pro-Republican now that Democrats are back in power and seek revenge? :p

https://deadline.com/2021/02/mandalorian-gina-carano-lucas-film-responds-to-controversial-statement-1234691898/

16 hours ago, Federer91 said:

When it comes to great movies, TSPDT updated their list of the top 1000 movies of all time. For those not familiar with it, it has thousands of aggregated polls included. In my opinion, even though i love the Imdb 250, this is the cornerstone.

Funny list. Too bad they went through all this work just to come up with something like that.

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

16 hours ago, Federer91 said:

There’s no way Animal House should be 989th.  I’d put it in the mid 870s, easy.

Meanwhile it's being an excellent winter here in terms of series we've been watching sind mid-December:

- Finished Lucifer (seasons 4, 5 and the last few episodes of 3)

- Watched The Outsider start to finish

- Watched Barbaren start to finish

- Now watching Snowpiercer

All very enjoyable so far :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

I really liked The Life Ahead. International category competition must be stiff if it didn’t make the cut.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

“Please Stand By” is joining “very concerned” among the phrases I have grown to hate :p

Spoiler

Also, it’s been Agatha All Along ?

That was like the least shocking reveal so far, but the execution was 10/10

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 2 weeks later...

WandaVision finale fell a little flat for me. Episodes 1-7 were some of the best Marvel content so far in my opinion, but episode 8 felt kind of out of place, and episode 9 kind of underdeveloped to me. Episode 8 was actually very good, it might have just been better as a stand alone film or special. All in all, good show that gets me excited for the rest of Phase 4.