website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

In span of few days I watched two Netflix series, Caliphate and The Valhalla Murders, (both series aren't nothing special), rewatched film "Hachi: A Dog's Tale", two new episodes of The 100 and thanks to VPN I did start watching fourth season of The Last Kingdom :d ( @heywoodu

After The Last Kingdom (and before fifth season of Lucifer) I have in plans start to watch Arrow and The Order.

I’ve been hooked on Community lately. It’s an old comedy that originally aired a little over a decade ago. It’s got 5 seasons, and it’s entertaining. It’s definitely not the best comedy series out there though. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Community often popped up when I went to Comedy Central when bored years ago, but always when I kept watching for a little, I must have stumbled upon an incredibly boring episode :p Not a single laugh about it yet.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

5 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Community often popped up when I went to Comedy Central when bored years ago, but always when I kept watching for a little, I must have stumbled upon an incredibly boring episode :p Not a single laugh about it yet.

It’s definitely hit or miss. Some episodes I find myself laughing a good amount, and some I just want to skip all together. Generally I enjoy the majority of the episodes. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

One of the greatest composers of all time Ennio Morricone has passed away. :cry::cry:  Such a sad news, another one of the rare few real giants of the arts has left us. 

The amazing line of work this guy has left behind is impeccable. I don't have time now to make a compilation, but will share one of my favorites and an underrated one i might add. 

EcOcLoOWoAA9ftU?format=jpg&name=small

17 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve been hooked on Community lately. It’s an old comedy that originally aired a little over a decade ago. It’s got 5 seasons, and it’s entertaining. It’s definitely not the best comedy series out there though. 

Gave it a rewatch earlier in the corona period as well (came to the conclusion that I've watched 24 seasons of tv shows since Denmark closed down).

Personally I really love it though there are indeed some rather boring episodes. Still waiting for #sixseasonsandamovie :p

On 05/07/2020 at 19:06, Olympian1010 said:

It’s definitely a good show, although of course not on the level of Curb or Seinfeld. My favorite characters were Pierce and the Dean. Obviously Luis Guzman was the secret star of the show ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

Really surprised Community kept the police brutality parody episode on Netflix. I mean it’s funny, but it definitely hits differently at the moment.