website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

I don’t know if this applies to non-American viewers, but I highly, highly, highly recommend this series.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

First eight episodes of fifth season of Lucifer will be available on Netflix from 21st August. Today it was also announced that there will be last sixth season as well, in next few weeks they will start filming of that :) 

On 19/06/2020 at 15:07, Olympian1010 said:

I don’t know if this applies to non-American viewers, but I highly, highly, highly recommend this series.

So, only when they say it's OK, HBO takes an instance against injustice?

Because this weekend, they suspended production of one of their shows in Mexico, because the host used a commonly used nickname for the Mexican president youngest son and the first "lady" took the matters to Twitter, so the President publicly attacked said anchor and hinted that him and any other critic voices against him and his family should be silenced,

So from now on, HBO productions are no longer on my watch list.

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:

So, only when they say it's OK, HBO takes an instance against injustice?

Because this weekend, they suspended production of one of their shows in Mexico, because the host used a commonly used nickname for the Mexican president youngest son and the first "lady" took the matters to Twitter, so the President publicly attacked said anchor and hinted that him and any other critic voices against him and his family should be silenced,

So from now on, HBO productions are no longer on my watch list.

That’s terrible. I really expect better from HBO. I’ll have read into this further.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 23/06/2020 at 20:14, rybak said:

First eight episodes of fifth season of Lucifer will be available on Netflix from 21st August. Today it was also announced that there will be last sixth season as well, in next few weeks they will start filming of that :) 

Just finished season 1 on Amazon. Quite a good/funny show, although the female detective is pretty annoying(ly stupid).

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 23/06/2020 at 23:03, Olympian1010 said:

That’s terrible. I really expect better from HBO. I’ll have read into this further.

I don't. Censoring 'Gone with the Wind' as 'history lesson' is one thing but they quickly caved in when President of Mexico called them out. Oh, how the mighty have fallen :p

Just started the Eurovision film and oh boy, it already went of rails. Rachel McAdams is basically playing some 55 year old singer, living with her mother or something...? The whole timeline is a total mess. :lol:

#banbestmen