website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

On 31/03/2020 at 01:34, Olympian1010 said:

Rewatched my favorite film (and arguably the greatest film in history) today. It’s a American film released in 2016 called “Arrival.” It’s probably the most unique and greatest story ever to ever grace American cinema. I was curious if anybody else has watched it. The film is based on communication, time, and philosophical theories that I study, so that may be why I enjoy it so much :p

This is also one of my favourite movies ever. Remarkable on every level.

On 31/03/2020 at 06:34, Olympian1010 said:

Rewatched my favorite film (and arguably the greatest film in history) today. It’s a American film released in 2016 called “Arrival.” It’s probably the most unique and greatest story ever to ever grace American cinema. I was curious if anybody else has watched it. The film is based on communication, time, and philosophical theories that I study, so that may be why I enjoy it so much :p

Haven't seen it, but Amy Adams is in it, so it must be a great movie. Thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: Wasn't your favorite movie "Gladiator" just a couple of months ago ... ?

Edited by OlympicsFan

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

On 31/03/2020 at 21:58, Olympian1010 said:

I never understood what people had against it. There are very few films that push the boundaries of the human mind more than that one, and the other films that have are now well loved cult “classics” (Inception, Interstellar).

If Interestellar and Inception is your standard for greatness, then i guess i am in for a big disappointment when i decide to watch "Arrival" ...

Attachment is the great fabricator of illusions; reality can be obtained only by someone who is detached.

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

If Interestellar and Inception is your standard for greatness, then i guess i am in for a big disappointment when i decide to watch "Arrival" ...

When it comes to the Sci-fi genre there are.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, OlympicsFan said:

Haven't seen it, but Amy Adams is in it, so it must be a great movie. Thanks for the recommendation.

Edit: Wasn't your favorite movie "Gladiator" just a couple of months ago ... ?

Yeah, but then I took a film class and realized that Gladiator is kind of meh.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

46 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Yeah, but then I took a film class and realized that Gladiator is kind of meh.

I already told you that back then, you could have listened to me and saved your money ...

Now please listen to me this time at least: Neither Inception nor Interstellar is that great either ... :p

6 minutes ago, Agger said:

There's nothing like learning what to think from others :lol:

Actually it came from comparing it to the other the other films I saw. I realized how terrible the pacing of Gladiator is. It’s still a good movie, it just lacks in some areas. Arrival on the other hand...