website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Movies & TV Series Thread

bestmen

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Or I’m not 1,000 years old :p

(Or more likely they’re not American, so they haven’t popped up in my recommendations)

Taxi Driver is just outside top 100 on IMDB for a reason.

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

A very good one that makes @Olympian1010 very happy.

For what?

On 08/10/2019 at 03:03, Olympian1010 said:

I’m not a huge fan of the show because they’ve made a lot of jokes they call satire that just disguise some of the racist tendencies of the characters. However, I will admit that I’m fully behind them on this, and so acknowledge their huge contributions to the satirical realm of comedy. Good for them.

Bit late but never saw this before, but...there's not exactly a disguise to the racist tendencies of some of the characters. The whole point is showing exactly things like their racist tendencies, which is why black, white, yellow, red, whatever people are always in one way or another ridiculed, just like women are, men are, straight people are, gay people are, muslims are, Christians are, atheist are, poor people are, rich people are. Almost literally every 'group' one can think of.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, hckosice said:

source.gif

I know.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, Olympian1010 said:

It all looks pretty good tbh.

That's what they're made for. To create hype. But I don't get how it can get that much hype.
Personally I'm rather interested by The Plot against America. It's a pretty thought provoking book.

But it general I'm much less hyped about it than I was about 2019.

24 minutes ago, Agger said:

That's what they're made for. To create hype. But I don't get how it can get that much hype.
Personally I'm rather interested by The Plot against America. It's a pretty thought provoking book.

But it general I'm much less hyped about it than I was about 2019.

I’m super excited for the New Pope. Also, the continuation of Barry and Curb Your Enthusiasm. I’m also excited by The Plot Against American. I’ve heard some interesting things about The Outsiders. Plus, John Oliver to top it all off.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 08/11/2019 at 21:12, Olympian1010 said:

Another new HBO show dropped today. It’s called “His Dark Materials” and it’s an alternate dimension, mystery, big brother, conspiracy, sci-fi, magic show. It has a lot of potential potential, but the first episode wasn’t as gripping as “Watchmen”. I believe this show is also based off a book(s). I’ll definitely watch the rest of the season, but it’s a unique look and tone for HBO. It’s normal your normal HBO or television show for that matter. I’m genuinely curious to see where they go with it.

HBO still killing the game this year.

And a journalist just saved the protagonist. +1500 pts 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

And a journalist just saved the protagonist. +1500 pts 

Thanks man, always nice when you're planning to watch something and someone drops a major spoiler bomb out of nowhere. Love it.

7 hours ago, heywoodu said:

Thanks man, always nice when you're planning to watch something and someone drops a major spoiler bomb out of nowhere. Love it.

Yeah not really a spoiler. Very small part of the episode, and it doesn’t really change the story. Sorry about that, I’ll make sure to add the spoiler post from now on.