website statistics

Taekwondo WT Grand Prix 2019

phelps

Just now, MHSN said:

oh thanks I didn't have the minor tournament results. yes Brecic still could get points from minor tournaments which he did. Pontes now has a good chance because as you said he still can win 25 more points (G2 event from his own continent doesn't count)

no I wish you were right about Hosseini but he has 282.87.

I'm going to update the ranking and fix those 2 scores for Pontes and Brecic. Pontes wasn't here too. maybe he is in China for the CISM Games ?! :mumble: that's G2.

but whoever wins the Euro will be in a very good position.

I just checked, your calculations for Hosseini are wrong, he has now 292 points 

your mistake is probably related to Asian Games, they are counted as 2019 result 

Edited by prso1000

very good result for Dell'Aquila, who now has really overtaken and got the edge of his arch-rival Jesus Tortosa Cabrera...he started losing by some margin, he cut down the distance, he started winning close bouts and now he's literally dominating the Spanish guy...

and I can smell the same is happening against the Korean Jang Jun...he was losing big time against him until the world champs, but now it's the second time in a row that he loses to the world champion by a (relatively) narrow margin...

probably Tokyo is coming a bit too early to overtake the Korean too, but at least now we can say he's a real medal hope for the Olympics (if he gets a reasonably good draw)...

Just now, prso1000 said:

I just checked, your calculations for Hosseini are wrong, he has now 292 points 

your mistake is probably related to Asian Games, they are counted as 2019 result 

oh thanks. perfect. that was great news actually. you never know how important those 10pts can be.

but that will also make few changes for other Asian athletes.

do you have such ranking for all men and women weights ? I was only focused on 68 and +80 but it would be nice having it for every other weights, I remember there was a Spanish website/blog doing that. can't find it anymore.

Just now, MHSN said:

oh thanks. perfect. that was great news actually. you never know how important those 10pts can be.

but that will also make few changes for other Asian athletes.

do you have such ranking for all men and women weights ? I was only focused on 68 and +80 but it would be nice having it for every other weights, I remember there was a Spanish website/blog doing that. can't find it anymore.

https://clasificacionolimpica2020.blogspot.com/search/label/Taekwondo?m=0

but they few mistakes as well

Do we know the start list for today semifinals ? or I have to wait few more minutes and watch it match by match ? :d

not a good day for Iran, both Mardani and Rajabi lost to Korea (to different athletes) . and it's kind of weird. all 5 Iranian athletes here lost to South Korea ! :facepalm:

Sofia Grand Prix

Day #2, Medallists Recap

men's +80kg
Gold: :BRA Maicon Siqueira
Silver: :KOR In Kyo-Don
Bronze: :CHN Sun Hongyi & :CRO Ivan Sapina

women's -67kg
Gold: :CIV Ruth Gbagbi
Silver: :GBR Lauren Williams
Bronze: :JOR Julyana Al-Sadeq & :TUR Nur Tatar Askari

women's +67kg
Gold: :CHN Zheng Shuyin
Silver: :GBR Bianca Walkden
Bronze: :SRB Milica Mandic & :KOR Myeong Mi-Na

16 hours ago, phelps said:

men's +80kg
Gold: :BRA Maicon Siqueira
Silver: :KOR In Kyo-Don
Bronze: :CHN Sun Hongyi & :CRO Ivan Sapina

First ever gold medal for Brazil, and quite the news here since Maicon wrote on Instagram that he is proud to be black and the racist Bulgarians had to deal with his gold medal. 

Sofia Grand Prix

Day #3, Medallists Recap

men's -80kg
Gold: :JOR Saleh Elsharabaty
Silver: :EGY Seif Eissa
Bronze: :DOM Moises Hernandez & :BRA Icaro Miguel Martins Soares

women's -49kg
Gold: :CHN Wu Jingyu
Silver: :KOR Kim So-Hui
Bronze: :SRB Tijana Bogdanovic & :CHN Wenren Yuntao

very good performance from Seif today , he's finally back to his temp before injury and with a bit of luck he could won gold today , Hedaya with another disappointing performance , she literally hasn't done any thing that can be highlighted after rio bronze , it was a very stupid decision by her or her coaches to move up to a higher weight , abdelrahman wael was a good surprise here  , he lost with a point to Ahmadi in quarters whose most of his points came from cards and punches and he defeated Denisinko in 1st rd , others as always were just going for tourism maybe Nour did somehow a good match with a great player like tatjana bogdanovich this may happened cuz she's training in Serbia , very weired thing that our best shot for a medal in Tokyo Seif is training in Egypt while other losers in women's teams are training in Serbia with one of the best coaches around the world , our federation even signed with the mexican coach and famous player Oscar Slazar so let's see if he can make some changes in the upcoming months , even though he has just trained some youth teams in Mexico so i'm not really optimistic about his hiring , we really missing resendo alonso who moved to France after Rio 

I don't know what needs to happen for Polish unions to be fully professional. He did not send his players to the previous competition. I didn't know what the reasons were. But this is at least strange. If the association continues to do so, Poland will lose two chances for Olympic qualification. I am glad that although Patrycja Adamkiewicz (-57 kg) and Aleksandra Kowalczuk (+67 kg) managed to send to Sofia. The latter won only one fight and unfortunately will fall to 6 (?) place in the Olympic ranking.