website statistics

Countries you tend to cheer for that you don’t live in

27 minutes ago, AlFHg said:

well I guess it makes sense for US people to learn Spanish, especially if you live in the South

I’m going to be clear about this one, never refer to my beloved California as the South. Broader state is what call ourselves. The South means something else in the US.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

15 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’m going to be clear about this one, never refer to my beloved California as the South. Broader state is what call ourselves. The South means something else in the US.

California is called a 'broader state' because of all the fatsos or what?

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Just now, heywoodu said:

California is called a 'broader state' because of all the fatsos or what?

It’s called that because my stupid, fat, fucking hands can’t type on this tiny ass keyboard.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

6 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

It’s called that because my stupid, fat, fucking hands can’t type on this tiny ass keyboard.

It’s worth noting that one of my thumbs is super messed up. Essentially my “friend” bent my thumb back so far in the wrong direction that he tore both sides of the ligament in my thumb. Luckily, We have a very good surgeon in town, and he did a wonderful job on the surgery. However, I never recovered to normal usage of that thumb because I didn’t do enough to help it heal properly. It functions at near 100%, but it’s still pretty delicate. I also now enjoy thumb arthritis at only 18, so I’m looking forward to many more years of that. So sometimes when I make mistakes it’s because the thumb isn’t always working the way I need it to, but hey 19 days of daily blogs should a great thumb workout routine :d

When the Dutch aren't there I tend to cheer for Italy, France and, when they're competing, Senegal. They are all countries I have great memories in from vacations and internships abroad. I have fond memories of the people I met and the experiences I have had there.

• 4 weeks later...

Anyone supporting certain countries at the African Games?

I always support 

:MRI

:SEY 

:CPV

:MOZ

And l like a lot of the Western African nations. :BEN, :TOG, :GAB, :SEN

anyone besides :EGY, :TUN, :ALG, :MAR, :RSA, :ZIM. They win too much, or don’t take the games seriously