website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

hckošice

6 minutes ago, Finnator123 said:

Good start for Finland!  Especially our 1st line(Also playing together in Ufa in the KHL) getting points.

Congrats. Great match from your guys :yes

Very disappointing effort from our team generally today. Half of the team looked today like they have 0 hockey IQ :( but yeah in other hand we did not expect anything from first two matches, main game will be the fourth match.

but dear lord, if a 17 years old kid is the best player of the team and it is not even close, is quite worrying :p

6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

but dear lord, if a 17 years old kid is the best player of the team and it is not even close, is quite worrying :p

I wouldn't say so, even if you're joking :D

He made the right call by choosing Finland & TPS to develop his skills. He'll be TOP 5 draft pick for sure.
Ramsay has work to do.

quick question, if the best USA team (with NHL players) was supposed to play the best China team (without these naturalized American and Canadian players) what would be the scoreline ? I know it would be ugly but how much ?

and what we should except today ? still a one-sided match not worthy of watching?

16 minutes ago, MHSN said:

quick question, if the best USA team (with NHL players) was supposed to play the best China team (without these naturalized American and Canadian players) what would be the scoreline ? I know it would be ugly but how much ?

and what we should except today ? still a one-sided match not worthy of watching?

a USA dream-team with their best NHL stars against China without the naturalized guys on this NHL-size rink we have at this Olympics would never been allowed to be played. IIHF would not allow it. A 50-0 would be probably the minimum considered the Americans will run the score to the end obviously, but I imagine something like 30-0 after 1st period would not be surprising. Canada who is more famous for runing the score to the last second would maybe scored even 80 goals...the difference is just unimaginable.

Now even this college team would beat by higher double digit the Cjinese team without he naturalized guys, maybe 20or25-0.

With all their naturalized players the match can be actually closer but I still expect USA to be stronger on the puck and especially their speed should be too much for this team. Team China advantage is they are all from one club Kunlun Red Star where they all played together last seasons. but also last months they had like 14 losing streak matches in a row...so it is questionable, but I predict like 5,6 or 7-1 for USA tonight

Preliminary Round

February 9th - February 13th, 2022
12 Nations, 3 Groups, the 1st Nations from each Group and the best 2nd ranked Nation between all Groups will qualify for the Quarterfinals, the other Nations will qualify for the Round of 16

DAY 2 RESULTS

Group A
China Standard Time (GMT +8)

United States USA.gif 8 - 0 CHN.gif China
Period-by-Period: 1-0, 3-0, 4-0
February 10th 2022, h. 21:10, National Indoor Stadium, Beijing

Canada CAN.gif 5 - 1 GER.gif Germany
Period-by-Period: 3-0, 1-1, 1-0
February 10th 2022, h. 21:10, Wukesong Sports Centre, Beijing

Group A Final Standing

Nation
P