website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

hckošice

4 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

That's what I meant, but surely there's already talks going on between him/his manager and one or more NHL teams to see where he'll want to go, and so who will select him? :p 

Or won't he care where he goes, as long as it's NHL, no matter the team? :d 

Well, it is not how it works, he may have his favorite team but teams picks according their draft order ranking, first usually pick the last ranked team :p Players have obvioulsy their favorite team, but at the end just been drafted is somehing enormous for them no matter by which team

I mean Olympic tournament MVP at 17 years ! that is something absolutely insane and unprecedented :) and the best thing is we have back in the country maybe even bigger talent 16 years old Dalibor Dvorský, whom NHL scouts expect to be top 2 next year Draft.

8 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Well, it is not how it works, he may have his favorite team but teams picks according their draft order ranking, first usually pick the last ranked team :p Players have obvioulsy their favorite team, but at the end just been drafted is somehing enormous for them no matter by which team

I mean Olympic tournament MVP at 17 years ! that is something absolutely insane and unprecedented :) and the best thing is we have back in the country maybe even bigger talent 16 years old Dalibor Dvorský, whom NHL scouts expect to be top 2 next year Draft.

So ideally you'd want to be like the 10th pick or something, to avoid being picked by a shitty team? :d It seems a little cruel to be this huge amazing talent, so much that you are choice number one, and because you're so good, you have to play for the worst team :yikes: 

Spoiler

I do suppose you get like a one year contract or something and after that can actually make a choice as to where you go (or stay)? I'm no expert obviously, I only know the draft exists in these sports, but I'm wondering at which point in the entire process a player gets to the point where he can actually make a choice instead of just being picked and sold and traded without any say in it like a cheap pair of shoes :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Knockout Round

February 15th - February 20th, 2022
12 Nations, Round of 16, Quarterfinals, Semifinals, Bronze Medal Match and Gold Medal Match, the winning Nation will be the Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games 2022 Champion

DAY 5 RESULT

Gold Medal Match
China Standard Time (GMT +8)

Finland FIN.gif 2 - 1 :ROC ROC
Period-by-Period: 0-1, 1-0, 1-0
February 20th 2022, h. 12:10, National Indoor Stadium, Beijing

1 minute ago, heywoodu said:

So ideally you'd want to be like the 10th pick or something, to avoid being picked by a shitty team? :d It seems a little cruel to be this huge amazing talent, so much that you are choice number one, and because you're so good, you have to play for the worst team :yikes: 

Reveal hidden contents

Well, the worst team you have the biggest chance you have to shine thanks bigger role in the team and time on ice :p Edmonton was last years utter shitty team but have now world superstars like McDavid or Draisaitl for example :d

plus NHL is a business. players are often traded to other teams and so... plus NHL teams change rosters and strength on yearly basis, so even if he is picked by a bad team from this year, in 2 years it may be suddenly a stanley cup favorite

Just now, hckošice said:

Well, the worst team you have the biggest chance you have to shine thanks bigger role in the team and time on ice :p Edmonton was last years utter shitty team but have now world superstars like McDavid or Draisaitl for example :d

plus NHL is a business. players are often traded to other teams and so... plus NHL teams change rosters and strength on yearly basis, so even if he is picked by a bad team from this year, in 2 years it may be suddenly a stanley cup favorite

Right. Well let me know when he's playing there, I'm curious to follow him :d 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

20 minutes ago, hckošice said:

and the best thing is we have back in the country maybe even bigger talent 16 years old Dalibor Dvorský, whom NHL scouts expect to be top 2 next year Draft.

Wait, is Dvorsky supposed to be as good as Bedard and Michkov?

Final Standing

:FIN Finland
Miro Aaltonen
Marko Anttila
Hannes Bjorninen
Valtteri Filppula
Niklas Friman
Markus Granlund
Teemu Hartikainen
Juuso Hietanen
Valtteri Kemilainen
Leo Komarov