website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

hckošice

1 hour ago, Orangehair43 said:

Slovakia might well get to replace Canada who look fairly likely to withdraw from the games because as it looks I think the next PM of Canada is pro boycotting the games on safety grounds. 

I think Slovakia is more likely to win the qualification tournament than O'Toole is to be the next PM...

1 hour ago, pdr4332 said:

I will root for the :SVK ians even more so as they are not going to play against :HUN :D 

I assume this is similar to you as for us not qualifying in water polo (never happened since 1924!)

yeah, that will be simply devastating. A total blank, emptiness a national disaster that will be really difficult to overcome.

yeah I think something like that yes, or maybe something like :LTU in Basketball this year or :ITA failing to qualify for last WC in Russia..and probably even more painful

12 hours ago, opruh said:

Since america and canada will boycott the games due to human rights, there will be two free spots.

I honestly don't think :USA and :CAN would withdraw from the games. Yes, human rights issues. But the whole withdrawal would also at some point mean their are shitting on their own heads, especially :USA ..... they may be trying to say shit to threaten :CHN but nothing is gonna happen and eventually they will come .... They don't have balls like :PRK this year ...

1 hour ago, Jan Linha said:

I honestly don't think :USA and :CAN would withdraw from the games. Yes, human rights issues. But the whole withdrawal would also at some point mean their are shitting on their own heads, especially :USA ..... they may be trying to say shit to threaten :CHN but nothing is gonna happen and eventually they will come .... They don't have balls like :PRK this year ...

Canada is effectively 50/50 atm. The election result might well decide if Team Canada turns up. Way too many people are convinced a boycott will not happen.