website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

hckošice

2 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

According to KHL official website, China already neutralized 15 Asian-rooted players and another 10 local Chinese players will join the team soon. Now I will upgrade my expectation a little bit.:p

https://en.khl.ru/clubs/kunlun/team/

I sort of figured this was the entire point of the Kunlun Red Star existing xD

So officially no NHLer in our team :( only with a couple of AHLers (with limited experiences from NHL like Marinčin, Daňo, Studenič, Jurčo, Feherváry, Ružička or Lantoši and players from European leagues led by the best forward of this years WCH Peter Cehlárik and his linemate Marek Hrivík or the extremely experienced but hot headed Libor Hudáček and believe it or not but also the 3 U18 talents Slafkovský, Nemec and Kňažko who led our U18 team to the fantastic silver medals two weeks ago in the Hlinka Gretzky Cup.

Today was also officially confirmed the matches will be held infront of fans. 75 % of the stadium capacity will be allowed for vaccinated people.

n4BktkqTURBXy9hYjA1ZDE1YzRiYmE4NmE4N2E1N

Confirmed around 7000 tickets will be available for sale for every game of the Bratislava tournament. Condition - vaccinated, or with a negative PCR test from less than 72 hours before the match or a person who had covid in the past 180 days.

The team started the training camp in Zvolen for the young AHLers, from this weekend the whole team will move to the "bubble" in Bratislava and the tournament classified as the absolute biggest and most important sport event of the country in this year 2021 will be able to start

pvIktkqTURBXy9mZTA0ZjI4OGU0YWU3N2RmMTU0Y

yeah, our chances somehow quickly dropping to zero :(  Rossi will play for Austria, Sharangovich also confirmed the invitation to play for Belarus, BLR already training and preparing themselves together behind closed doors back at home for a whole month...

I feel this is going to end by the worst and saddest disappointment in my whole life as a sports fan. 

6 minutes ago, hckošice said:

yeah, our chances somehow quickly dropping to zero :(  Rossi will play for Austria, Sharangovich also confirmed the invitation to play for Belarus, BLR already training and preparing themselves together behind closed doors back at home for a whole month...

I feel this is going to end by the worst and saddest disappointment in my whole life as a sports fan. 

Positive thoughts buddy, positive thoughts! Post the streams of the Slovak matches here please :cheer: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

On 8/15/2021 at 4:29 PM, hckošice said:

Yes for PyeongChang.

This time it was schedulled on purpose specially for the summer NHL break.

Slovakia might well get to replace Canada who look fairly likely to withdraw from the games because as it looks I think the next PM of Canada is pro boycotting the games on safety grounds.