website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

hckošice

42 minutes ago, hckošice said:

Norway. As the highest ranked IIHF nation non qualified (11th).

it looks like 1 or 2 games between :CHN and a KHL team (still no officially announced which one) will be played during the 13-15 november period. Match(es) will be attended by 5 IIHF officials who will then evalute if China will be allowed to paricipate at the tournament. To make it fair the match(es) will be streamed live and free through the whole globe.

I will check this information in China. Will see what I get.

https://www.iihf.com/en/news/29965/iihf_council_meeting_concludes_(1)

“To be clear, the IIHF is not going to remove the Chinese team from the Olympic Games, the status of the men’s national team as a host nation participant in the Olympic ice hockey tournament was confirmed by Congress and remains unchanged.” said IIHF President Luc Tardif. “We are working with the CIHA to confirm their player eligibility according to IIHF rules, and we will continue to assist them as they work towards preparing their team for the Olympic Games.” 

1 hour ago, Vic Liu said:

https://www.iihf.com/en/news/29965/iihf_council_meeting_concludes_(1)

“To be clear, the IIHF is not going to remove the Chinese team from the Olympic Games, the status of the men’s national team as a host nation participant in the Olympic ice hockey tournament was confirmed by Congress and remains unchanged.” said IIHF President Luc Tardif. “We are working with the CIHA to confirm their player eligibility according to IIHF rules, and we will continue to assist them as they work towards preparing their team for the Olympic Games.” 

What a sudden change of retoric from mister President. Not fishy at all :p

You are being unrealistic. IIHF removing a global player like China was never going to happen. Heck, the Chinese market had enough power to bring back NHL players.

Even if China was guaranteed to lose 200:0 every match, nobody still would have dared to take anything away from them. As one sided as it will be, USA vs China as a tournament opener will for sure draw a lot of attention.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

You are being unrealistic. IIHF removing a global player like China was never going to happen. Heck, the Chinese market had enough power to bring back NHL players.

Even if China was guaranteed to lose 200:0 every match, nobody still would have dared to take anything away from them. As one sided as it will be, USA vs China as a tournament opener will for sure draw a lot of attention.

not mine for sure...:p

I'd rather watch some figure skating...:yikes: :whistle: :hairpull:

2 hours ago, hckošice said:

What a sudden change of retoric from mister President. Not fishy at all :p

I think this was always just a threat to China that they had to get their ducks in a row when it came to naturalizing players.

I think everyone (except the Norwegians) wanted to see a Chinese team, even if it’s a team of ringers.

From what I read is that chinese players are going to be a part of Kunlun Red Star during 2 KHL Games some time in the middle of November in order to "gain more experience" :d .... I don't know what to think about it ..... China against USA and Canada and their best stars from NHL will be just very epic :-D

• 2 weeks later...

Meanwhile in all discrecency was yesterday played the first of the 2 "closely followed" matches of :CHN in regard of the Olympics Ice Hockey Tournament.

Avangard Omsk - Kunlun Red Star : 5-0  (and it was mainly with non chinese born and a couple of Olympics ineligible players playing for Kunlun)

Now on Monday and also for some reason in Tuesday (yeah another chance) they are apparently asked to play without the ineligible players, basicaly field the team they will have at the Olympics...

A post From a very well informed user in the ice Hockey forum:

From associated press after interwiev with Tardif:

“The team we will have in front of us, in two games, we will just to see the score and the way the game was playing, we will quickly know if they’ve got the level or not,” Tardif told The Associated Press in a recent interview. “It will be not only the score but the way the game was played.”

Officials worry China’s men’s hockey team not Olympics ready

Stats after Omsk-Kunlun

Shots: 61-10 favor Omsk. That's a very one sided game.
AVA 5-0 KRS | Avangard Omsk - Kunlun

That's qutie brutal. How will it look if they remove the players that are not eligble, and also place a stacked Canada as oponent?

On 11/14/2021 at 12:50 AM, hckošice said:

That's qutie brutal. How will it look if they remove the players that are not eligble, and also place a stacked Canada as oponent?

It also doesn't help that due to seeding, :CAN:USA:GER will all be encouraged to score more in order to have a high goal differential.