website statistics

Men's Ice Hockey Tournament at the Winter Olympic Games Beijing 2022

hckošice

7 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Austria 2:0 Belarus at the end of the first period.

If :BLR doesn't beat :AUT in regulation time and :SVK beats :POL today, Slovakia's 100% qualified, right? @hckošice

The head to head result is first tie-breaker.

In case of two or more teams finish at same points, the direct results between them will be taken into account. So if BLR does not win in Regulation Time and we will succeed tonight also in Regulation Time then yes in this case everything will be over.

But it is still far from to be done. To be honest I am quite worried about tonights match, after watched Poland team effort and their american goalie performance and our totally unimpressive last yesterday period plus our awfull power plays.

13 minutes ago, ahjfcshfghb said:

Austria 2:0 Belarus at the end of the first period.

If :BLR doesn't beat :AUT in regulation time and :SVK beats :POL today, Slovakia's 100% qualified, right? @hckošice

That should be correct. But if :SVK loses to :BLR and :AUT defeats :POL what would be the deciding point? The score or the head2head game? 

2 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

That should be correct. But if :SVK loses to :BLR and :AUT defeats :POL what would be the deciding point? The score or the head2head game? 

The head-to-head game. Assuming :SVK beats both :AUT and :POL, if they have the same # of points Slovakia wins. If they all have 6 points because they all beat each other, then it's head-to-head score.

11 minutes ago, Jan Linha said:

If 3 teams have the same points.

Head to head score from the direct matches between concerned teams, if still tied, then the team with higher amount of scored goals, if still tied then the overall scored difference from all group matches, then higher amount of scored goals, then highest world ranking seeding.

5-2. Absolute dominance. Belarus was always the top fav to qualify, no matter what people said, their team roster is by far the strongest here. This is why I feel so devastated last days, I knew we will lose this to them because we do not have our full team in this most important tournament but they do have.

well, what can we do. It is how it is.

20 minutes ago, hckošice said:

As I said, nothing is over in this sport until the last second, it took only 6 minutes in the 2nd period and BLR tied the score 2-2, there no way they will lose this one

I was too idealistic... This'll be interesting then. Assuming Austria doesn't rise from the dead, now :POL is Olympic-qualified if they win tonight in regulation.