website statistics

Winter Universiade 2021

Totallympics

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

As far as Brazilian winter sports athletes (at least XC and biatlon) go, that'd only be veteran Fabrizio Bourguignon who would be eligible for it :p 

Ah, I’ve seen her in the results for 2013 I believe. The Chileans and Argentinians have sent their biathletes before too. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Ah, I’ve seen her in the results for 2013 I believe. The Chileans and Argentinians have sent their biathletes before too. 

him* :p 

I knoe Juan Agurto of Chile is/was in the army, not sure about which Argentinians are but since one of their main bases around races (Bariloche I think) is in a military complex, I wouldn't be surprised if they've got a few as well.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

him* :p 

I knoe Juan Agurto of Chile is/was in the army, not sure about which Argentinians are but since one of their main bases around races (Bariloche I think) is in a military complex, I wouldn't be surprised if they've got a few as well.

Based off the incomplete results I have from 2013, the South Americans present at the games were Claudia Salcedo (CHI), Marco Zuñiga (CHI), Pedro Beltran (CHI), Yonathan Fernandez (CHI), Fabrizo Bourguignon (BRA), and Juan Agurto (CHI). I guess there were no Argentinians in 2013, but I feel like I’ve seen them mentioned in the 2010 or 2017 results before.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Based off the incomplete results I have from 2013, the South Americans present at the games were Claudia Salcedo (CHI), Marco Zuñiga (CHI), Pedro Beltran (CHI), Yonathan Fernandez (CHI), Fabrizo Bourguignon (BRA), and Juan Agurto (CHI). I guess there were no Argentinians in 2013, but I feel like I’ve seen them mentioned in the 2010 or 2017 results before.

I don't know Zuñiga and Beltran, I wasn't sure about Yonathan Fernandez ( @Jesús ), although he gave me a Chilean army/sports team t-shirt last October in Brazil which made me think maybe he could be in military games too, and I had no idea Claudia (who is wonderful) was in that as well, cool :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

3 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

I don't know Zuñiga and Beltran, I wasn't sure about Yonathan Fernandez ( @Jesús ), although he gave me a Chilean army/sports team t-shirt last October in Brazil which made me think maybe he could be in military games too, and I had no idea Claudia (who is wonderful) was in that as well, cool :d 

Claudia was the only one not to lodge an official. result of the South Americans. She didn’t finish the sprint (I don’t know why).

Agurto came last on the men’s side in the sprint. Bourguignon came third to last. The other Chileans managed to beat a few European, Asian, and US biathletes coming 84, 85, 86 out of 98 (plus 7 biathletes that didn’t start). Yonathan finished just under 8 minutes behind Lukas Hofer who won the gold medal. The Chileans came 21 out the 22 in the men’s team sprint classification. They beat the Czechs by about 45 seconds, and lost out to the Koreans by about 25 seconds.

On 28/03/2020 at 19:10, Olympian1010 said:

Well they actually went into affect before the last Winter Universaide. I would make sure the BUSF is aware of the change (though I’m sure they are) before you get to the real stages of planning. As I said, I’m there’s special exceptions that could be made, and maybe they already obtained one for @brunamoura. I’d love to see her at the games, so I hope that’s the case.

I can provide any other info y’all need. Hopefully this gets sorted out.

It has now been confirmed by the Brazilian federation on which I better make no remark as to their quality and know-how: no Winter Universiade for her.

It has now been confirmed by the Brazilian federation on which I better make no remark as to their quality and know-how: no Winter Universiade for her.

Sorry to hear that, but at least y’all didn’t find out a month/weeks before the games.

5 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Sorry to hear that, but at least y’all didn’t find out a month/weeks before the games.

Yep, thanks for that. It sucks, but it sucks less than finding it out in December.

I'll ask Gabriela Neres if she's planning to go there, 2021 will be what's now her last year of eligibility and I know she's at university, it'd be really cool if she can go.

• 2 weeks later...

Thank you, @Olympian1010. Unfortunately, as @heywoodu said, it was confirmed by the federation. Now, complete focus on the preparation for the XC World Championships, which main goal for me is to get qualified for the 30km race.

• 2 weeks later...