website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

I can fully expect EG being moved to a different city in Poland to avoid backlash.

I could fully expect Poznań being interested as with YOG or Universiade... as well as not getting any government money on that for even more political reasons :P

• 2 weeks later...
Just now, rybak said:

I just read the rumour that Silesia want co-host those Games with Kraków and other cities in Małopolskie voivodeship making possible to have at these Games full athletics program.

That would be great. The games without athletics would be a shame.

If they could add swimming, too, that would be awesome.

23 minutes ago, rybak said:

I just read the rumour that Silesia want co-host those Games with Kraków and other cities in Małopolskie voivodeship making possible to have at these Games full athletics program.

Yaas, bitches! Here comes the boom! Told ya Majchrowski's bluff will be called and he's got a pair of deuces in his hand :lol:

• 4 weeks later...

Sport Climbing :clap:

I really enjoyed Triathlon at Baku 2015. Great to see it back on the program.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

9 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

Well, Poland has some world champions in speed climbing so it was hyped during the previous EG. Obviously nobody knows these names here other than this 5 minutes of EG glory :lol:

Speed Climbing hasn’t featured at the European Games yet. Perhaps you’re thinking of the 2017 World Games (in Wroclaw) or latest European/World Championships?

Yeah, Poland will definitely look for some medals in Speed Climbing. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

29 minutes ago, Monzanator said:

I won't pretend I know anything about sport climbing... speed or otherwise... I assume they are featured together since the wall will be the same? Just different hooks or whatever those things are called :p

No, all three have distinct walls, scoring systems, and climbing styles (though Boulder and Lead are somewhat similar). Most gyms will have Boulder and Lead walls, while Speed are a somewhat rare. Speed walls are uniform, while the others have basic requirements, but different construction from venue to venue. Speed and Lead use a belay (rope maned to be someone or fixed to a point), while Boulder uses no belay.

The “hooks” (not a bad term for that honestly), are generally called clips or carabiners.

My guess is that all three disciplines will feature at the European Games in some capacity (whether as separate events, combined, or other).