website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

17 minutes ago, intoronto said:

So when are the Winter European Games going to be announced? :p

We don’t even get an Asian Winter Games this cycle, so I wouldn’t get your hopes up :(

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

13 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I feel like it’s worth noting that Swimming will not feature at European Championships or European Games. That’s a big miss for LEN.

it's all about politics...

in Western Europe these European Games are considered just an Eastern European "affair", a showcase to show Russia's superpower among the European Nations (which was absolutely true for the Baku and Minsk editions, from the choice of the sports lineup to the judged sports cheats)...

moreover, the main federations (who have enough media attention by their own and don't need a multi-sport event help to gain space on the media by putting many different comnpetitions all together under the same umbrella and gain strenght by this collective work) see those Games as an attempt to steal part of the income coming from their continental champs and therefore decided to boycott the event as much as they can...

for what concerns LEN, until Paolo Barelli is their president and has a solid majority of counsellors in his board, there's no chance that Swimming Europeans and European Games would match...

Western Europe-oriented federations rather sustain the Multi-Sport European champs (they should happen once again between Munich and Rome -Swimming only, I think- in 2022) as direct competitors of the EGs...

• 5 weeks later...
3 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Come on, there were Games held in more anti-human rights places than this one. Besides, the whole LGBT-free zone is more hate speech than breaking human rights... so far - there's still three years to go and with PiS ruling it won't get better.

Electric Trial (Motorcycling) may feature as a demonstration sport: https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1099736/european-games-motorcycling-demo

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 4 weeks later...

https://www.insidethegames.biz/articles/1100843/poland-2023-european-games-sasin-role

Well, I can confirm already that European Games will not happen, at least here in Kraków, or in planned date. This guy is cursed, everything what he touch in next few days/weeks is destroyed or turns into big mess, lately he lost somewhere 70 milion PLN which were intended to the organization of postal elections which did not take place after all or he order 300 ventilators to hospitals from not existing company! :hairpull::wall::facepalm:

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like that chess, electric trial, kickboxing, muaythai and teqball will join to the list of sports during these Games, it's yet unclear if those sports will be official or just demonstration events. Final list of sports is expected to reveal soon.

34 minutes ago, rybak said:

Looks like that chess, electric trial, kickboxing, muaythai and teqball will join to the list of sports during these Games, it's yet unclear if those sports will be official or just demonstration events. Final list of sports is expected to reveal soon.

Man, it seems the Polish like their Kickboxing and Muaythai. Both were added to the World Games for first time at Wroclaw 2017. If those sports are indeed added as official sports to the 2023 European Games, this would be the second ever multi-sports games for Teqball as an official sport. I believe this would be the first ever appearance for the sport of Motorcycle outside the World Games. 

8 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Man, it seems the Polish like their Kickboxing and Muaythai. Both were added to the World Games for first time at Wroclaw 2017. If those sports are indeed added as official sports to the 2023 European Games, this would be the second ever multi-sports games for Teqball as an official sport. I believe this would be the first ever appearance for the sport of Motorcycle outside the World Games. 

Overally mixed martial arts are very popular here, a lot of people watching this. I know few people which train amateurishly muaythai. So, yes, we like these sports :p If both sports will be officialy added it would be good replace for missing boxing.

I still can't accept that rowing will be for 99% missing as well. We are good in this, it could be held in the same venue where canoeing will take place. I really don't see why it isn't in programm. Fact that World Rowing is more focused on European Championsips isn't good enough argument for me.

15 hours ago, rybak said:

I still can't accept that rowing will be for 99% missing as well. We are good in this, it could be held in the same venue where canoeing will take place.

No it can't. The venue that will be build for Games will have 700m long, if I remember correctly. It can't organize all canoeing competitions, not to mention rowing. Rowing is possible only on Malta in Poznań but organizers want Games only in Małopolska. I don't know what's wrong with rowing and canoeing in Poznań and track cycling in Pruszków (assuming that track will still be open in 2023) but who am I to judge? :)