website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

18 minutes ago, rybak said:

That's true, I hope (if it's still possible) that our NOC, EOC and EAA will come to an agreement and we will host at least Team Championships (like it was in Baku 2015) and medals will be normally awarded and counted to the medal table.

Mountain Running will replace DNA/Mixed Team Event as the Athletics discipline under the current program. It’s not going to be possible to have a full Athletics program so long as the European Championships are around.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I feel like it’s worth noting that Swimming will not feature at European Championships or European Games. That’s a big miss for LEN.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

50 minutes ago, rybak said:

I understand that there, in that year will be normal European Championships in athletics, but I'm still mad that this sport is missing in programm of these Games, same about rowing and track cycling, we would have won several medals in those sports.

Rowing is out because the federation is more focused on the European Championships. I have no idea why Track Cycling was left off the program. My only guess is that the organizers don’t want to build a velodrome, or the nearest velodrome is too far away.

9 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Mountain Running will replace DNA/Mixed Team Event as the Athletics discipline under the current program. It’s not going to be possible to have a full Athletics program so long as the European Championships are around.

I know that, I read the article, but since we are "powerhouse" in European athletics maybe there will be still a slim chance for hosting European Team Championships as part of those Games, as addition to mountain running, especially that host of 2023 Team Championships isn't selected yet.

Everything in this world is now possible :d 

I’m pretty pleased with the program. I like the additions of Sport Climbing, Rugby 7s, and Beach Handball. Like @Vojthas said, I think Ski Jumping might help add some public intrigue to the Games. I don’t mind the inclusion of Breaking. It doesn’t require it’s own venue, and it shouldn’t need a large amount of quotas. I’m very happy the organizers managed to kick out Boxing. The reintroductions of Fencing, Beach Volleyball, Volleyball, and Triathlon to the program are very welcome; I enjoyed those sports in Baku. Like others, I hope Swimming (and Diving/Water Polo) can be added to the program later on. The only thing I’m sad about is Sambo missing the program. It’s one of only two true European martial arts, and it featured at both of the last two European Games.

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Rowing is out because the federation is more focused on the European Championships. I have no idea why Track Cycling was left off the program. My only guess is that the organizers don’t want to build a velodrome, or the nearest velodrome is too far away.

We couldn't build an indoor speed skating arena for like 5-6 years on the heels of Olympic medals so we're not gonna build a velodrome near Krakow :p

Outside of three velodromes build before WWII we only have ONE modern velodrome in Pruszkow. Yeah, it's too far away from Krakow (150 miles) to bother with it at European Games.

1 hour ago, Monzanator said:

We couldn't build an indoor speed skating arena for like 5-6 years on the heels of Olympic medals so we're not gonna build a velodrome near Krakow :p

Outside of three velodromes build before WWII we only have ONE modern velodrome in Pruszkow. Yeah, it's too far away from Krakow (150 miles) to bother with it at European Games.

Venues for Beijing 2022 are 140 miles away from Beijing... :p

I get not wanting to build another velodrome. That’s a pretty legit reason for organizers leaving Track Cycling off the program (and 150 miles is just too far as well).

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

Venues for Beijing 2022 are 140 miles away from Beijing... :p

I get not wanting to build another velodrome. That’s a pretty legit reason for organizers leaving Track Cycling off the program (and 150 miles is just too far as well).

Well, 150 miles is not much in large countries like China or USA but it's too much in Poland (which is like 4 times smaller than the state of Texas IIRC) :p

17 minutes ago, intoronto said:

So when are the Winter European Games going to be announced? :p

Right after the Pan American Winter Games :cool: