website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

Recently, I entered to the European Games YouTube channel and, the difference between Baku 2015 and Minsk 2019 is Huge!

Baku had this entire arrays of Clips and Highlights, which they uploaded constantly while Minsk Barely has a video added there.

I hope that the Organisers will take this seriously, since it’s a great way to expose people all over the world to the competition.

3 hours ago, Dnl said:

Recently, I entered to the European Games YouTube channel and, the difference between Baku 2015 and Minsk 2019 is Huge!

Baku had this entire arrays of Clips and Highlights, which they uploaded constantly while Minsk Barely has a video added there.

I hope that the Organisers will take this seriously, since it’s a great way to expose people all over the world to the competition.

Well... In 2015 they need exposure as much as possible so that explained why they're so generous on Youtube. After they thought they are successful, they will tell those who want to do that again in 2019 to f- off :p

Luckily, Odnoklassiki have most of the video of Minsk 2019 competitions (altho I don't know whether it is still there or not).

58 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Well... In 2015 they need exposure as much as possible so that explained why they're so generous on Youtube. After they thought they are successful, they will tell those who want to do that again in 2019 to f- off :p

Luckily, Odnoklassiki have most of the video of Minsk 2019 competitions (altho I don't know whether it is still there or not).

The replays are still there. Unfortunately my Russian vpn hasn’t worked for those replays in a while.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

• 1 month later...

Well, this sounds like fun! Ski jump would draw a lot of attention just for the weirdnest of the event, it could be a great headline maker!

I like all the possible aditions (besides breaking). This would make the European Games way bigger.

More team sports were needed, and Rugby 7s and beach handball work perfectly, although is sad they apparently took out beach football.

As we don't have Winter European Games (yet? ;) ) the introduction of ski jumping is quite a nice one (but, of course, there is a totally different reason for that). For modern pentathlon it would serve as the European Championships and the Paris 2024 qualification as it's promised so to Polish MP Association by European Confederation. Exactly ten years after last Senior Europeans in Poland (Drzonków, obviously, my debut as an accredited journalist).

I understand that there, in that year will be normal European Championships in athletics, but I'm still mad that this sport is missing in programm of these Games, same about rowing and track cycling, we would have won several medals in those sports.

13 minutes ago, rybak said:

I understand that there, in that year will be normal European Championships in athletics, but I'm still mad that this sport is missing in programm of these Games, same about rowing and track cycling, we would have won several medals in those sports.

That is disappoiting. I'm glad that program is expanding, that we have modern pentathlon, rugby 7 or climbing but without athletics and swimming this event will never get enough attention.

12 minutes ago, Col_Frost said:

That is disappoiting. I'm glad that program is expanding, that we have modern pentathlon, rugby 7 or climbing but without athletics and swimming this event will never get enough attention.

That's true, I hope (if it's still possible) that our NOC, EOC and EAA will come to an agreement and we will host at least Team Championships (like it was in Baku 2015) and medals will be normally awarded and counted to the medal table.

13 minutes ago, rybak said:

That's true, I hope (if it's still possible) that our NOC, EOC and EAA will come to an agreement and we will host at least Team Championships (like it was in Baku 2015) and medals will be normally awarded and counted to the medal table.

According the article from insidethegames the only kind of ahtletics present in Krakow will be mountain running and the only kind of swimming will be synchronized. Of course it's not official but I stopped counting on anything.