website statistics

European Games 2023 Road to Paris 2024

Totallympics

I will say that Baku’s and Minsk’s logos are easily some of my favorite multi sports games logos.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

11 hours ago, Monzanator said:

It was fairly innovative back in the 90s so maybe the millenials will re-discover it as something new - even if it's not :p  Outside of Spain an UK this sport is totally obscure - just as speedway outside of Poland and Scandinavia :lol:

well, a few (better, many) years ago it was quite known also in Italy...it even used to have some space on our national tv networks...

nowadays, it's completely forgotten by our media (obviously, we don't have any good rider anymore), but I think it has quite a decent base of followers that could be back if one day it's covered decently again by our media (here, world circuit races always have a good attendance on site, despite all)...

My choices for the program (as a non-Pole, non-European :p).

On 29/07/2020 at 13:28, Col_Frost said:

It's possible. There has been annouced list of 27 sports from which in September they going to choose 20. This is a full list:

- archery

- athletics (track & field)

- badminton

- basketball 3x3

- boxing

- break dancing

- canoeing (slalom and sprint)

- cycling (road and mtb)

- fencing

- gymnastics (don't know which one, maybe all of them)

- judo

- modern pentathlon

- rugby 7

- shooting

- sport climbing

- swimming

- table tennis

- triathlon

- volleyball (beach and indoor)

- weightlifting

- wrestling

- beach handball

- electric trial (not sure is this a proper English name of this event)

- karate

- mountain running

- teqball

- summer ski jumping (there they are :rolleyes: )

The only sports I’d be opposed to being on the program would Boxing and Weightlifting at the moment. I only omitted Ski Jumping (summer) because I felt there was the possibility of deadly injury. I really wanted to include eBike Trials, but I just ran out of space on the program.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

41 minut temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

I only omitted Ski Jumping (summer) because I felt there was the possibility of deadly injury.

Don't be afraid ;) There's summer events every year. Competition would be probably in Wisla where summer Grand Prix is nothing new so arena is checked and secure. I don't think that there would start many athletes who doesn't start in summer GP or Continental Cup so all of them should be experienced.

46 minut temu, Olympian1010 napisał:

I really wanted to include eBike Trials, but I just ran out of space on the program.

I feel the same. Also I am wondering if motosport should be run in this kind of event. But maybe it's some kind of Polish tradition? At Wroclaw's World Games there was speedway, now trial in Krakow :) 

55 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

My choices for the program (as a non-Pole, non-European :p).

The only sports I’d be opposed to being on the program would Boxing and Weightlifting at the moment. I only omitted Ski Jumping (summer) because I felt there was the possibility of deadly injury. I really wanted to include eBike Trials, but I just ran out of space on the program.

Deadly injury? :p

I see more crash in the "winter circuit" than in the summer one (with grass on the floor, usually)

5 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Deadly injury? :p

I see more crash in the "winter circuit" than in the summer one (with grass on the floor, usually)

Well, that’s what I’m worried about. If someone has a “winter” crash on non-snow, I feel like the consequences should severe. I realize they do these events every summer, but if someone gets badly injured, that’s some seriously bad press for a young (and somewhat struggling) multi sports games.