website statistics

Artistic Swimming at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

1 minute ago, Gianlu33 said:

They was cleary overscored. Canada has no chances

No they were scored properly. I fact I would given slightly higher scores in my opinion. That really an unforgettable routine, and that’s what it takes to challenge for an Olympic medal.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

No they were scored properly. I fact I would given slightly higher scores in my opinion. That really an unforgettable routine, and that’s what it takes to challenge for an Olympic medal.

I can't agree, I saw some technical mistakes and a not so good artistic impression. I think that they are the 6th team at world (Russia, Spain, Japan, China and Ukraine are much better)

9 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

I can't agree, I saw some technical mistakes and a not so good artistic impression. I think that they are the 6th team at world (Russia, Spain, Japan, China and Ukraine are much better)

I’d have to disagree too. I didn’t see any technical mistakes and I thought their artistic impression of the song was great. This does show one of the flaws of the sport though. Gainlu can dislike the rountine while I like it. That’s a big problem for a sport where artistic impression is main factor separating the best teams in the world. I do agree that Ukraine, Russia, Japan, and Spain are better, but I think Canada could at the very least beat China with that routine. 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

2 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’d have to disagree too. I didn’t see any technical mistakes and I thought their artistic impression of the song was great. This does show one of the flaws of the sport though. Gainlu can dislike the rountine while I like it. That’s a big problem for a sport where artistic impression is main factor separating the best teams in the world. I do agree that Ukraine, Russia, Japan, and Spain are better, but I think Canada could at the very least beat China with that routine. 

China have a complete difference style of routine. If Japan and Ukraine and all other try to do something of nice to see, the Chinese and, in small part, the Russian do some very technical routine for increse their score. 

Edited by Gianlu33

Interesting music choice from Guatemala. They went with a Spanish version of “My Jolly Sailor Bold” 

Very poor performance from Guatemala. I love seeing new nations in sports at the Pan American Games, but that was painful. However, they performed to the same song that I’ve told people would work for artistic swimming, so I feel very vindicated :p