website statistics

Diving at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

25 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

I'm not. Women's diving in Mexico has returned to its past, with average divers, but no one capable of challenging top contenders.

Plus corruption in the federation, summed with idiotic qualification system for Pan Am, seriously ruined our chances in the rest of the events.

I'm surprised Espinoza still competes. She's, like, way past 30 now, isn't she? 

Just now, thiago_simoes said:

I'm surprised Espinoza still competes. She's, like, way past 30 now, isn't she? 

33, just like Rommel Pacheco.

They have been competing at senior level for the past 16 years.

However, I really dislike her. She's part of a scam on public funds that affect most other Mexican athletes, in which our head of sport, former world champion Guevara, has robbed more in the past 8 months, that the past national sports director did in his four years tenure (and that was a lot).

Good score for the Canadians on their first dive.

Mexicans were overscored, as García opened before Berlín. Also overscored Colombian pair.

But's it's only round one, real competition in synchro starts with third dive.

Cuba and Colombia were overscored in both sincronicity and execution.

Meanwhile Bromley and Zsombor Murray hurt their teams chances with their defective executions, but guess the judges decided to be a little lenient. They went also lenient with Berlín dive.

And the king of bad diving Frandiel Gómez :DOM does it again... a total flop.

And again, the US had a flop, but now from both divers. Once more, their "synchrony" was overscored. The same for the Brazilian pair, but now these teams will be contesting bronze @thiago_simoes @vinipereira

Again judges for the synchro element are idiots... Colombia's dive deserved 5.0 notes... now they also are in contention for a medal (which in this case don't deserve).

Canada again, a dive not executed to the Max, and Mexican García also fails his dive. I won't further comment on the synchro judges :zip:

But the fight for medals, is open for 5 teams.

After that fifth dive, USA will be probably out of the podium.

Total Cuban meltdown... it'll be hard for them to avoid the bottom of the table.

Not a clean dive for Brazil, both divers failed their individual jumps. Still, it will be a disaster for them not to finish with bronze

Good next to last dive for Canadians, that does not get the notes it should. They'll fight off Brazil for bronze.

On a side note, terrible job from organizing committee... another failure in the scoring system.

And the last dive from Mexico was pretty good... they'll earn gold except a catastrophe happens.

Very well for the USA in their last dive. Too bad they let it all to their last attempt.

And Brazil will get a medal in this event. Congratulations to them @vinipereira @thiago_simoes

Excellent dive from the Canadians, but as with USA, those intermediate dives greatly hurt them.

And Mexico, thankfully, does good in their last dive, so it's another gold for this delegation.