website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Video Games Thread

bestmen

5 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Does anyone watch any particular streamers/YouTube channels on here, or am mainly the one? I really enjoy watching others enjoy themselves and be creative. 

I used to watch a lot of Cryaotic and the late night crew on Twitch, still tune in from time to time.

I really love Jesse Cox and Dodger especially when they pair up on detecive games and all of their Life Is Strange playthroughs are more satisfying than playing the game myself :d

On top of that I watch some esports and some Ohmwrecker for Dead By Daylight

9 hours ago, Werloc said:

If you enjoy RPGs, Dragon Age and Divinity: Original Sin 2 are probably the best that I played in my lifetime. I don't know how many hours I've sunk into both, not sure that I want to know either :lol:

Nice. I was not a big fan of Western RPGs until I played Skyrim. I'm more into JRPGs, though. Final Fantasy Tactics, Grandia, Paper Mario, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Persona 2 (yes, I'm oldschool). 

8 minutes ago, thiago_simoes said:

Nice. I was not a big fan of Western RPGs until I played Skyrim. I'm more into JRPGs, though. Final Fantasy Tactics, Grandia, Paper Mario, Panzer Dragoon Saga, Persona 2 (yes, I'm oldschool). 

I'm an addict for those sweet western RPG graphics and art style, that's one of the reasons why I didn't get hooked on JRPGs throughout the years.

5 hours ago, Werloc said:

I'm an addict for those sweet western RPG graphics and art style, that's one of the reasons why I didn't get hooked on JRPGs throughout the years.

Well, the 90s were a rough time for realistic graphics, so I don't quite enjoy the aesthetics of Western RPGs of that time and I prefer the more cartoonish look of JRPGs. Skyrim was the first game that made me get into WRPGs because it finally had a fully realized world that was lifelike and believable. I also learned to like Baldur's Gate, too, bur I strongly dislike Fallout, for example. It's interesting that, in recent times, Dark Souls and Moster Hunter completely changed the landscape for JRPGs in the West since they look a lot like WRPGs and there's been sort of a JRPG renaissance after these titles. Still, Final Fantasy is my favorite series, but I have to say it's suffering from identity crisis; I didn't get into anything past FFXII, even though FFXV has a great battle system, but the characters put me off. I'm more and more stuck in retrogaming for the rest of my life, unless anything major changes my taste for games, which is highly unlikely.

Edited by thiago_simoes

One month until the Tokyo2020 Mobile Phone game is released! It looks super cartoonish, and perhaps even more made up than the Mario and Sonic games, but at least it’s something. It has 15 or so sports, so that’s an improvement on the Rio2016 Mobile Game (which I actually really enjoyed playing). Supposedly you can play online against friends too. If that’s true, we might have to give it a test :d 

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

I discovered Everspace today, interesting and fun little game :d 

Edited by heywoodu

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

• 5 weeks later...

Well, Sonic at the Tokyo 2020 Olympic Games has dropped. I was able to download it 3 hours ago, but they haven’t activated the servers yet. Official release was slated for 20 minutes ago, so they’re not that late yet. Hopefully the servers are up in the morning so I can write my in depth review for y’all. There seems to be a surprisingly high demand for the mobile game. There was over 2 million people pre-registered to download the game upon release. It looks rather cartoonish (like all the games in the Mario and Sonic series (though this game is Sonic characters only)), but I’m still hoping a for a good little game. I really like the console game, but I wasn’t a huge fan of the Mario and Sonic for 2020, so this game might be a wash for me. Hopefully, it turns out to be a fun little play. Apparently there’s a campaign, online 1v1 challenge play, and a bunch of little mini games besides the sports.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

This is Android and iOS only? I had hoped for Windows/Steam or something, although at the prices I'm seeing I doubt I'd be interested :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

44 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

This is Android and iOS only? I had hoped for Windows/Steam or something, although at the prices I'm seeing I doubt I'd be interested :p 

The iOS/Android version should be a free app :mumble: