website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Video Games Thread

bestmen

16 hours ago, Werloc said:

Well, I'll speak in code. Let's just say that I'm at that part where something fell :p

I'm watching the playthrough from Jesse Cox, he's a really great youtuber and I have experienced quite a few games through him. He has the Scary Game Squad where he tackles horror games with his group of friends and went through the RE remakes, various detective games with Dodger and a lot of open world RPGs. Really an all around great guy with a great sense of humour and he's actually enjoying all of the cutscenes instead of blabbering over them aaaaaand he's a loot whore just like me.

Anyway, one shameless plug later, no, I haven't played the original, nor did I see a playthrough of it, so I'm going in blind and this is my first FF experience. I grew up without a console, so yeah, pc gaming all the way for me.

Oh that part. 

I loosely follow his playthrough of the game too. I discovered Cox through The Completionist. I do enjoy his and the rest of SGS's horror playthroughs.  Haha, loot whore! :d 

I  smile and laugh everytime he says, "Cloud, you dog/dawg!" :lol:

I think this game is going to be a great first experience to FF. :) 

8 hours ago, Wumo said:

Oh that part. 

I loosely follow his playthrough of the game too. I discovered Cox through The Completionist. I do enjoy his and the rest of SGS's horror playthroughs.  Haha, loot whore! :d 

I  smile and laugh everytime he says, "Cloud, you dog/dawg!" :lol:

I think this game is going to be a great first experience to FF. :) 

The Life Is Strange playthroughs with Dodger are really amazing as well, he really is the perfect person to follow for story based games and FF is definitely loaded on story.

Yeah, I'm watching the game as a film :d did not expect to run out of episodes so fast, now I'm just waiting for the semi-daily uploads.

Definitely when this whole music thing takes off and I'm a financially stable human being, PS4 and FF7 are going to be on my buy list :lol:

14 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

I’ve never really been into the Civ games. It has everything I’m interested in, I’ve just never played for some reason. The weight of the Tokyo 2020 is because the campaign is massive. It’s probably going to take me a good few days to beat it. I played the game for 4-5 hours today, and I’m only somewhere around 35% through the campaign (which is pretty much all there is to the game low key).

The secret is to start with Civilization V.

Though if you value your sleep schedule and having control over your life, I'd highly suggest not getting addicted to the infamous 'one more turn' curse :d

32 minutes ago, Werloc said:

The Life Is Strange playthroughs with Dodger are really amazing as well, he really is the perfect person to follow for story based games and FF is definitely loaded on story.

Yeah, I'm watching the game as a film :d did not expect to run out of episodes so fast, now I'm just waiting for the semi-daily uploads.

Definitely when this whole music thing takes off and I'm a financially stable human being, PS4 and FF7 are going to be on my buy list :lol:

Nice! I hope you will enjoy playing the game yourself. :) 

I also have a question for you as a musician and as yourself. Do you enjoy/like the soundtrack of the game? 

The composer of the game, Nobuo Uematsu, is probably my favourite game composer. His scores are amazing in my opinion. And they are even better now because technology have been improved since the 90's when this game first came out. IPersonally I think FF6 and FF7's soundtracks are some of the best in gaming history. 

Meanwhile I'm pretty much only playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops these days :d (and sometimes MW3 Spec Ops)

10 out of 69 stars to go :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

29 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Meanwhile I'm pretty much only playing Call of Duty Modern Warfare 2 Spec Ops these days :d (and sometimes MW3 Spec Ops)

10 out of 69 stars to go :p 

Somehow I didn't really get into the FPS genre.

I played the hell out of Vietcong 2 and other games from that genre just didn't do it for me.

Call Of Duty was pretty fun, funnily enough, I mostly played the game, because I was expected to swap with my dad while he was on his smoke breaks and since he smoked a lot, I got pretty good at it :lol:

Even though I don't feel a lot of love for COD it was definitely a much more pleasant experience than CS ever was. 

1 hour ago, Wumo said:

Nice! I hope you will enjoy playing the game yourself. :) 

I also have a question for you as a musician and as yourself. Do you enjoy/like the soundtrack of the game? 

The composer of the game, Nobuo Uematsu, is probably my favourite game composer. His scores are amazing in my opinion. And they are even better now because technology have been improved since the 90's when this game first came out. IPersonally I think FF6 and FF7's soundtracks are some of the best in gaming history. 

I think the music is doing it's job well, because it doesn't detract from the action on screen, rather enhancing the watching experience, so the music is definitely fulfilling its role.

It's interesting that you've asked me about music and my mind went to the collectible CDs rather than the atmospheric music.

You actually made me think that I was not thinking about music that much when I was watching the playthrough :p

There is definitely a lot of detail put into the score, Wall Market music can get stuck in your head :d

I guess perhaps since it's my first FF experience, I'm taking in the storyline, voice acting and visuals a bit more than the soundtrack.

As for some good soundtracks, Diablo II and Lineage II are up there for me with the best. 

8 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Somehow I didn't really get into the FPS genre.

I played the hell out of Vietcong 2 and other games from that genre just didn't do it for me.

Call Of Duty was pretty fun, funnily enough, I mostly played the game, because I was expected to swap with my dad while he was on his smoke breaks and since he smoked a lot, I got pretty good at it :lol:

Even though I don't feel a lot of love for COD it was definitely a much more pleasant experience than CS ever was. 

COD is most of what I played in terms of FPS I think, although I also loved Medal of Honor (Allied Assault and the likes). I sort of stopped when Black Ops II came around with that dumb futuristic shit, I started that game but didn't get past 10% of the campaign or something. Also, I pretty much only play for campaigns (and Spec Ops in this case, but singleplayer with co-op as exception), I hate multiplayer games where you go online and people are just jumping around like hyperactive rabbits on steroids :p That shit's just dumb.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

Oh, Mass Effect is an FPS I guess, I loved that! The whole trilogy, I loved the whole story thing and deciding stuff, Andromeda was rather mediocre.

2 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

COD is most of what I played in terms of FPS I think, although I also loved Medal of Honor (Allied Assault and the likes). I sort of stopped when Black Ops II came around with that dumb futuristic shit, I started that game but didn't get past 10% of the campaign or something. Also, I pretty much only play for campaigns (and Spec Ops in this case, but singleplayer with co-op as exception), I hate multiplayer games where you go online and people are just jumping around like hyperactive rabbits on steroids :p That shit's just dumb.

But when you memorise their hyperactive jumping tendencies, they line up for your sniper :(