website statistics

[OFF TOPIC] Video Games Thread

bestmen

14 minutes ago, Werloc said:

The FF7 Remake made me very sad that I don't own a PS4, that game is like a movie, watching a playthrough currently and salivating at the graphics.

I have played the game. It was truly incredible. It made laugh, it made cry. A couple of chapters made me very emotional. I was truly amazed how much extra story they put in a segment that was only about 5 hours in the original. I can't wait to play the next part. 

I don't know how far you are in the playthrough you watch? I don't want to spoil anything. 

By the way, which youtuber's playthrough are you watching? Also, have you played the original or watched a playthorugh of it?

This game is 636 MB. I feel like that’s a little large for a phone game personally. I’ve gone ahead and downloaded it on my tablet instead of my phone.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Went ahead and shelled out $4.99 USD to purchase the full game. I’ve enjoyed playing it so far. Is it the Olympic game of hopes and dreams? No. Is it a fun little experience? So far, yeah. 

There’s a whole bunch of stuff you can do. Oddly enough, you aren’t able to play the individual events in the conventional manner. You can play them all whenever (once you unlock them, which you do by progressing in the campaign), but you have just play the stage of the story their associated with. We can also pose 1v1 challenges against friends or random players. There’s a whole bunch of fun little collectibles and stuff too. Because I purchased the whole campaign, I have 5 “demo passes” that I can give away to friends. Those unlock the full game for people who haven’t purchased it yet. So if you want to demo the full game, let me know.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Olympian1010 said:

This game is 636 MB. I feel like that’s a little large for a phone game personally. 

Even relatively speaking that's nothing compared to the latest Call of Duty where you need over 200 GB to have the full thing :lol: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

15 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Even relatively speaking that's nothing compared to the latest Call of Duty where you need over 200 GB to have the full thing :lol: 

Right, but that’s a full ass console game. Mobile games aren’t generally over 200-300 MB, so the size might either imply quality, or some misjudgment. Currently, I’m in favor of the latter.

So one of my favorite aspects of psychology and communications is analyzing weird social experiments and social structures. GTA of course is already interesting enough, but there’s a fascinating gang war going on right. I’ve just begun reading into it, but apparently it all started with a group of people where the “green alien skin suit” costume, and organizing random gang attacks on other players in the lobby. However, their gang has balloon to include millions of online players within the last week. Interestingly, we’re witnessing the rise of the “purple alone skin suit” costume gang. Their number have also ballooned, and now there’s the weird huge ass gang war going on GTA online. This is one of the sides of gaming I love. Spontaneous social interaction and group integration.

I might just have a right a study on this for my semester final for journalism...

9 hours ago, Wumo said:

I have played the game. It was truly incredible. It made laugh, it made cry. A couple of chapters made me very emotional. I was truly amazed how much extra story they put in a segment that was only about 5 hours in the original. I can't wait to play the next part. 

I don't know how far you are in the playthrough you watch? I don't want to spoil anything. 

By the way, which youtuber's playthrough are you watching? Also, have you played the original or watched a playthorugh of it?

Well, I'll speak in code. Let's just say that I'm at that part where something fell :p

I'm watching the playthrough from Jesse Cox, he's a really great youtuber and I have experienced quite a few games through him. He has the Scary Game Squad where he tackles horror games with his group of friends and went through the RE remakes, various detective games with Dodger and a lot of open world RPGs. Really an all around great guy with a great sense of humour and he's actually enjoying all of the cutscenes instead of blabbering over them aaaaaand he's a loot whore just like me.

Anyway, one shameless plug later, no, I haven't played the original, nor did I see a playthrough of it, so I'm going in blind and this is my first FF experience. I grew up without a console, so yeah, pc gaming all the way for me.

12 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

This game is 636 MB. I feel like that’s a little large for a phone game personally. I’ve gone ahead and downloaded it on my tablet instead of my phone.

Oh boy, you haven't tried Civ 6 on iOS which is almost 5 times bigger

5 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Oh boy, you haven't tried Civ 6 on iOS which is almost 5 times bigger

I’ve never really been into the Civ games. It has everything I’m interested in, I’ve just never played for some reason. The weight of the Tokyo 2020 is because the campaign is massive. It’s probably going to take me a good few days to beat it. I played the game for 4-5 hours today, and I’m only somewhere around 35% through the campaign (which is pretty much all there is to the game low key).