website statistics

Equestrian at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

21 minutes ago, dcro said:

Not that I know.

24 minutes ago, ofan said:

Is there a stream for this anywhere?

I couldn’t find one.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Standings after Day 1:

:USA 219.970%

:CAN 219.828%

:BRA 204.473%

:MEX 202.246%

:COL 198.117%

:PER 188.677%

:ARG EL

:CHI EL

It could hardly be any closer for gold. Meanwhile, Mexico is not that far behind, but it will be very hard to overcome this gap tomorrow. Their small tour combinations really dropped the ball.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, Gianlu33 said:

How you can be eliminated in dressage? :yikes:

Both Argentina and Chile had only three riders, so it was easier for them to get eliminated. Most likely their horses were not level, or they got eliminated for blood rule.

#banbestmen

2 hours ago, dcro said:

Both Argentina and Chile had only three riders, so it was easier for them to get eliminated. Most likely their horses were not level, or they got eliminated for blood rule.

Could you explain this rule, please?

11 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Could you explain this rule, please?

A horse is deemed unlevel when its hind legs are clearly not equally active. That usually gets detected in extended trot or half-pass when horse drags its feet, and then it's up to the president of the jury to ring the bell and stop the test. It's a sign of lameness (most commonly momentary lameness).

As for the blood rule, if a spot of blood is detected on horse during or after the test, then the rider receives automatic elimination. Most of the time it happens when a horse bits its tongue, which is bad luck more than anything else. It only gets suspicious when it repeatedly happens to same rider...

Three eliminations in one competition is very unusual though. I can't remember any competition that had more than one elimination. Therefore I'm assuming that the American judge was perhaps overly strict on levelness. I could almost guess that :URU Beca would be the third eliminated rider. His horse has a really weak extended trot, which could make one question its soundness. But then again, I don't think he ever got eliminated for it, even if he usually receives very low marks.

#banbestmen

11 minutes ago, dcro said:

A horse is deemed unlevel when its hind legs are clearly not equally active. That usually gets detected in extended trot or half-pass when horse drags its feet, and then it's up to the president of the jury to ring the bell and stop the test. It's a sign of lameness (most commonly momentary lameness).

As for the blood rule, if a spot of blood is detected on horse during or after the test, then the rider receives automatic elimination. Most of the time it happens when a horse bits its tongue, which is bad luck more than anything else. It only gets suspicious when it repeatedly happens to same rider...

Three eliminations in one competition is very unusual though. I can't remember any competition that had more than one elimination. Therefore I'm assuming that the American judge was perhaps overly strict on levelness. I could almost guess that :URU Beca would be the third eliminated rider. His horse has a really weak extended trot, which could make one question its soundness. But then again, I don't think he ever got eliminated for it, even if he usually receives very low marks.

Thank you very much. I really enjoy understanding this discipline a little more.

23 minutes ago, dcro said:

:URU Beca was eliminated on the results I saw. Thanks for the explanation, not that I still understand it really.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 hours ago, mrv86 said:

Thank you very much. I really enjoy understanding this discipline a little more.

7 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

:URU Beca was eliminated on the results I saw. Thanks for the explanation, not that I still understand it really.

I remembered this editorial piece on eliminations in dressage. It should be informative.

#banbestmen