website statistics

Equestrian at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

• 3 weeks later...

@mrv86 Mexico named its dressage team.

Big Tour
Martha Fernada Del Valle, 30 years old, and Beduino LAM, 13-year-old Lusitano gelding (Dardo II x Urco) bred in Mexico and owned by Martha
Bernadette Pujals, 50, and Curioso XXV, 18-year-old P.R.E. stallion (Dominante XVI x Vinatero III) owned by Bernadette

Small Tour
Enrique Palacios, 45, and Tinto, eight-year-old KWPN stallion owned by Enrique
Antonio Rivera, 52, and Fite, 11-year-old gelding owned by Erika Baitenmann

Reserve: Irvin Leina, 33, and Pabellón, 14-year-old gelding bred in Mexico and owned by Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional

#banbestmen

6 hours ago, dcro said:

@mrv86 Mexico named its dressage team.

Big Tour
Martha Fernada Del Valle, 30 years old, and Beduino LAM, 13-year-old Lusitano gelding (Dardo II x Urco) bred in Mexico and owned by Martha
Bernadette Pujals, 50, and Curioso XXV, 18-year-old P.R.E. stallion (Dominante XVI x Vinatero III) owned by Bernadette

Small Tour
Enrique Palacios, 45, and Tinto, eight-year-old KWPN stallion owned by Enrique
Antonio Rivera, 52, and Fite, 11-year-old gelding owned by Erika Baitenmann

Reserve: Irvin Leina, 33, and Pabellón, 14-year-old gelding bred in Mexico and owned by Secretaria de la Defensa Nacional

What do you think about this team? Could they qualify a rider into the last stage?

40 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

What do you think about this team? Could they qualify a rider into the last stage?

Yes, I think more than one should make it to the freestyle. Interestingly, all of the selected combinations are based in Mexico.

On paper, Mexico should have an upper hand over Brazil among the big tour combinations. Del Valle could be particularly valuable, as she has been knocking on the 70% mark recently. Small tour portion is harder to predict, but it could probably go either way compared to Brazilian rivals for the team bronze and an Olympic spot...

#banbestmen

@dcro Mexico's team in eventing has been named.

Pedro Gutierrez Aja and California Mail
Guillermo German De Campo Martinez and Quelite
Abraham Gaspar Ojeda Serrano and Tamara 
Jose Alan Triana Martinez and Violento

ReserveFernando Parroquin Delfin and Romana

No Daniela Moguel :( so I guess there goes their chance to end in the podium, right?

1 hour ago, mrv86 said:
No Daniela Moguel :( so I guess there goes their chance to end in the podium, right?

Yeah, I haven't heard of any of these names. A podium finish will be a very tall order.

Daniela Moguel missing out is kind of understandable. Pan Ams count for absolutely nothing as far as individual Olympic qualification is concerned, and Lima is too much out of place for such effort. I guess she chose to spare her horse and prepare for the second part of the season in the US.

#banbestmen

6 hours ago, dcro said:

Yeah, I haven't heard of any of these names. A podium finish will be a very tall order.

Daniela Moguel missing out is kind of understandable. Pan Ams count for absolutely nothing as far as individual Olympic qualification is concerned, and Lima is too much out of place for such effort. I guess she chose to spare her horse and prepare for the second part of the season in the US.

Well I think is the wisest decision. 

And finally, Mexican jumping team riders has been selected, but the horses haven't been revealed :(

Enrique González Delgado
Eugenio Garza Pérez
Lorenza O'Farrill Toscano
Patricio Pasquel Quintana

ReserveSalvador Oñate Barrón

I think we have a decent shot to qualify for Tokyo after disaster 4 years ago.

10 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

And finally, Mexican jumping team riders has been selected, but the horses haven't been revealed :(

Enrique González Delgado
Eugenio Garza Pérez
Lorenza O'Farrill Toscano
Patricio Pasquel Quintana

ReserveSalvador Oñate Barrón

I think we have a decent shot to qualify for Tokyo after disaster 4 years ago.

I'm surprised that Salvador Onate isn't on the team (jumped double clear at Langley Nations Cup). I guess that shows the current strenght of Mexican team though.

#banbestmen

4 minutes ago, dcro said:

I'm surprised that Salvador Onate isn't on the team (jumped double clear at Langley Nations Cup). I guess that shows the current strenght of Mexican team though.

Yes, this team finally have 6-7 riders that have enough level to do a good try to qualify at the Pan Am Games :thumbup: