website statistics

Surfing at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

• 1 month later...
33 minutes ago, Laraja said:

That isn’t the final entry list (sorry), it was the quota breakdown.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, this is an Olympic qualifier I believe. I will be cheering for Barbados’s girl because she has a decent chance.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

That isn’t the final entry list (sorry), it was the quota breakdown.

Yes, you are right. It is not the entry list from the official website, but there are names of qualified athletes, with only two exceptions. However, I believe that it will not so different from this.

I'll check that when the official website releases the names.

25 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

Also, this is an Olympic qualifier I believe. I will be cheering for Barbados’s girl because she has a decent chance.

Yes, it is an Olympic qualifier event. There is one ticket to Tokyo in each gender.

I'll be cheering for her, too :clap:  She is in a good position in QS Ranking. I am trusting in her to get this spot to Tokyo

So in Tokyo there will be 2 events Men’s Shortboard & Women’s Shortboard.  The Pan Am games offer 2 quotas (1 man & 1 woman).  But on the Lima 2019 website there is no Shortboard events.  Is it called something different????

The events listed are Open Surf, Longboard & SUP Surf.  

I am assuming it’s not longboard.

6 minutes ago, bmo said:

So in Tokyo there will be 2 events Men’s Shortboard & Women’s Shortboard.  The Pan Am games offer 2 quotas (1 man & 1 woman).  But on the Lima 2019 website there is no Shortboard events.  Is it called something different????

The events listed are Open Surf, Longboard & SUP Surf.  

I am assuming it’s not longboard.

I would assume it’s Open Surf, but I could wrong. It’s not like anyone was asking for 8 surfing events, which isn’t helping the confusion.