website statistics

Artistic Gymnastics at the Pan American Games 2019

vinipereira

6 hours ago, thiago_simoes said:

Okay, now I want a medal for Molinari. This is what I've been waiting for the whole year. Molinari is one of my favorite gymnasts and I hope he finally gets a medal now. Please, gym Gods. Please! :pope:

Sad for Daniel Corral, but glad for both Gonzalez :CHI and of course De Luna :MEX

Amazing final, I think the gold could have been awarded to either De Luna and Zanetti.

Meanwhile, I think Molinari's difficulty and past merits helped him secure bronze. In my amateur opinion either Souza or Cournoyer showed more control. Still great for him to retire with a medal.

57 minutes ago, mrv86 said:

Amazing final, I think the gold could have been awarded to either De Luna and Zanetti.

Meanwhile, I think Molinari's difficulty and past merits helped him secure bronze. In my amateur opinion either Souza or Cournoyer showed more control. Still great for him to retire with a medal.

y

On the contrary: it was his execution that secured the bronze medal. Caio Souza had more difficult elements, but worse execution. I've wanted a medal for Molinari for so long that I don't even care he knocked a Brazilian off the podium. I agree that his past achievements may have made the judges a bit more lenient, but he deserved a medal after such a long career. The man is just tireless and he kept going and going and going until he could finally get this medal. I'm so, so, so happy!

Now, de Luna had a better executed routine and deserved the gold medal. Zanetti's mistake cost him 0.6 (0.3 for loss of control when lowering his body and an extra 0.3 for using his forearms to bring his body to vertical position). In gymnastics, sometimes what seems like a small mistake is actually something quite big that will shave a lot of points off the final score.

49 minutes ago, intoronto said:

Hoping Cournoyer wins an individual medal. So many close calls...

I agree. He deserves an individual medal. His last chance is on the high bar, and anything can happen.