website statistics

Equestrian FEI Eventing Group F & G Olympic Games Qualifier 2019

Totallympics

Six rails down for :THA Samran. :wacko:

Thailand is qualified, but I doubt any of their combinations from here can reach minimum requirements (except maybe Chavatanont & Bolleybawn Prince, if they don't find 4* dressage too hard).

#banbestmen

I guess Europe is quite happy with this result. It seems unlikely Thailand will find three riders to reach the MER. Though I guess it could help Canada/United States should one of them choke at the Pan American Games (maybe Brazil with an outside chance).

Assuming Thailand has one rider with MER, it does make things a bit tight for the individual rankings. I guess the second quota will be between Hong Kong and India (does South Korea have a capable athlete?)

15 minutes ago, JoshMartini007 said:

I guess Europe is quite happy with this result. It seems unlikely Thailand will find three riders to reach the MER. Though I guess it could help Canada/United States should one of them choke at the Pan American Games (maybe Brazil with an outside chance).

Assuming Thailand has one rider with MER, it does make things a bit tight for the individual rankings. I guess the second quota will be between Hong Kong and India (does South Korea have a capable athlete?)

No, South Korea is only consistently competing in dressage for some reason. India could be Thailand's biggest victim, though.

I guess we will have to wait and see about Thailand. This is an incredible opportunity for them, so I wouldn't be surprised if they started investing more. Maybe their previous Olympians from 2004 and 2012 will make a comeback (similar thing happened with Japanese dressage in 2016, when a whole lot of semi-retired athletes came back following the surprising qualification). But in any case, Thailand will be working on a very short time frame.

#banbestmen