website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

I have been thinking about something for TISC: did you ever think about adding a prediction contest for TISC? Like, giving every juror the opportunity to send to the host what they think the Top10 will be. And then you can reveal during the closing ceremony who were the closest to predict the Top10 correctly. But obviously this would be a lot of additional work for the host because they are the only ones who can collect the predictions and calculate the results. 

39 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I have been thinking about something for TISC: did you ever think about adding a prediction contest for TISC? Like, giving every juror the opportunity to send to the host what they think the Top10 will be. And then you can reveal during the closing ceremony who were the closest to predict the Top10 correctly. But obviously this would be a lot of additional work for the host because they are the only ones who can collect the predictions and calculate the results. 

I think there's a bit of a fallacy to bet on something in which you directly contribute to the results :p

On 28/09/2020 at 00:43, intoronto said:

Not sure if this has been discussed, but what is everyone's favourite TISC entry (annual or open) of all time?

This is actually a very tough question to answer, but for me it probably has to be Bastian Baker - Follow The Wind from Switzerland.

10 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I mean... it can be hilarious if everyone predicts their own song to win TISC. :d

I would never have the confidence to predict a Lithuanian win, especially with how unpredictable TISC is.

A top 10 bet at best, but those are hard to come by as well nowadays :d

17 minutes ago, Werloc said:

A top 10 bet at best, but those are hard to come by as well nowadays :d

Exactly, I never got a top 10 (well, except that time with Gibraltar).

I am fairly confident about my bottom 10 chances this time, though. :rolleyes:

#banbestmen

3 minutes ago, dcro said:

Exactly, I never got a top 10 (well, except that time with Gibraltar).

I am fairly confident about my bottom 10 chances this time, though. :rolleyes:

I don't want to guess what's our chances this year until I get to listen to all of the songs, but I can imagine Lithuania getting points from here and there :p

I have one more suggestion, or more like an idea. During the last two Grand Finales I was thinking that the one thing missing is a table showing the progress of the voting, how the ranking changes. After I made that table for the TISC "overall ranking" I realized that it sort of works for this as well. I have added point gaps between each country to show... well, the point gaps. 

This is only just a "prototype table", using the results of the first session of Annual 2020. I am not sure if this would be useful or not, or if it's worth it for the host to mess with yet another table when they are already busy with the scoreboard and many other stuff. I guess it can be just a thing that gets posted at the end of each session. Or it can work as a replacement of the Provisional Top5 ranking (but it's certainly takes more time to make this table than the usual Top5 one). Anyway, I just thought that this might be an idea worth sharing, no hard feelings if you don't like it. :d

#1 #2 #3 #4 #5 #6 #7 #8 #9 #10
1st :SLO :HUN :ITA :UKR :CAN :CAN :CAN :CAN :CAN :CAN
gap 1 0 4 1 7 5 11 11 14 18
2nd :HUN :POR :POR :ITA :UKR :POR :MLT :MLT :FRA :MLT
gap 1 0 2 1 3 2 2 2 1 4
3rd :GRE :SLO :SVK :CAN :SLO :UKR :POR :POR :GRE :DEN
gap 1 - 1 2 1 3 2 1 0 1
4th :NOR :ITA :HUN :SLO :ITA :SLO :UKR :BUL :MLT :SWE
gap 1 1

-

1 1 1 3 1 1 2
5th :IND :MEX :MEX :HUN :POR :SVK :SLO :UKR :ESP :FRA