website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

2 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

But it's once in a decade event so wouldn't be repeating every year. One year we can have an extra repetition I guess. 

@tuniscof is right, that would just be an exact copy of the Open format. 

We should at least then represent countries that are unrepresented at TISC to make it somewhat different. 

3 hours ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Everyone wants to have grand finale by July right it's so sending song entry is like 1.5 months away. That is more than enough to choose 1 good song from last decade or say any song before 2020 or something like that with all countries choosing it themselves with no restrictions. 

Instead of thinking so many rules it can be TAISC 2, held in memory of corona virus just for  this year :pNo doubts really. 

I am reading and listening to all viewpoints. I don't want to write too much as I'd like the conversation to keep flowing, that way more ideas can be generated.

I was thinking though, maybe this should also be a more Totallympics-wide discussion. I mean it would be nice to replace the Olympics void with something new and different. It wouldn't just have to be a TISC event. I guess there could be ideas about any type of event to bring us together during that time. And it could be a single event, or a range of events spanning the 16 days or so (more if you count the days pre-Opening ceremony) that the 2020 Olympics would have been held.

20 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

I am reading and listening to all viewpoints. I don't want to write too much as I'd like the conversation to keep flowing, that way more ideas can be generated.

I was thinking though, maybe this should also be a more Totallympics-wide discussion. I mean it would be nice to replace the Olympics void with something new and different. It wouldn't just have to be a TISC event. I guess there could be ideas about any type of event to bring us together during that time. And it could be a single event, or a range of events spanning the 16 days or so (more if you count the days pre-Opening ceremony) that the 2020 Olympics would have been held.

How about something like this.. 

Name of games can be decided later

Opening Ceremony first

Day 1 and 2 -

A song contest representing your nation (2 days grand finale)

Maybe song should be like all songs to have 1 socially relevant mesaage released on any date. (voting done prior top 3 )

Day 3 Painting Contest

All paintings original to nation (top 5 voting) 

Day 4 - Online gaming contest game 1

Day 5 and 6- Dance video contest  top 12 voting 

Day 7 - Online gaming contest game 2

Day 8 and 9 -

Festival of Music all nations not entering for  song contest on  day 1 and 2 can be represented. (top 3 voting) 

Day 10 and 11 - Short Film Contest

Any video of length to be decided maybe 10 or 15minutes.  A random draw to decide a  knock out competition followed by repecharge  

Day 12 - Photography Contest 

Pictures should be your own

Day 13 Environment contest

A short video of a socially relevant thing related to environment like endangered animal voting top 3 

Day 14-  Online games contest game 3

Architecture special contest 

Day 15 - Folk combined 

Folk songs contest top 5 votes 

Day 16 Folk Combined 

Folk Dance Contest only top 8 from Folk Dance enter 

Closing Ceremony 

Few events can be changed or modified accordingly. 

Rule : Each user can participate in any 8 of the 12 events. 

I believe we require multiple hosts but it's possible I believe . 

Now plans in detail... 

Day 1 and 2 

Song with a socially relevant topic 

Unlike top 12 voting done prior here only top 3 + 2reserves is enough because we need to know who wins medals. 

Each Day can have like 2 sessions like morning/afternoon and evening /night or both at evening with 1 hour break. 

The top 3 of contest get an extra 1 gold, 1 silver and 1 bronze respectively  extra as added to team competition . 

Day 2 and 3

Painting Contest 

Day 1 - All paintings are posted by participants (18 hour window) 

Day 2 

Voting starts - top 3 + 2 reserves (18 hour window) 

Day 3

Medal results published one by one in as many sessions as desired 

+ 1 set of team medals

Participants can represent any nation of which painter belongs. 1 participant per nation first come first basis the nation choice. 

debate-clipart-1.jpg

Thoughts on a Special Contest this Summer?

Now that the Olympics have been postponed this summer and with the lack of sporting events to keep us entertained, users have expressed an interest in holding a once-off special contest during the time Tokyo 2020 was due to take place this summer.

As such, I would like to gauge opinions and come to an overall consensus about whether a special contest should take place and how it should differ from the standard TISC events. I will not set a deadline on this vote for now as this is just to generate ideas and not to make firm decisions. Also this survey is open to all members of the forum, not exclusive to users who have participated in TISC. If you want more questions or options to be added to this survey, please write on thread and we can add them. Like I said, this is not a strict vote, this is more a survey to see where opinions lie....

Question 1:

Would you like to see a once-off special contest to be held this summer with the final being held at some point during the old Olympic schedule?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 2:

Would you like it to be a themed contest? For example (sports themed, movie themed, instrumental themed, talent show themed, any other themed)?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 3:

If we have a themed contest, which type of theme do you prefer? Please answer even if you answered "No" to Question 2.

(a) Festival of Music style - representing the nations who have not participated in TISC

(b) Sports themed

(c) Movie themed

(d) Instrumental themed

(e) Talent Show themed

(f) Dance Music themed

(g) Dance themed

(h) Other theme - please specify

Comments: (please add all additional comments and opinions in the comment box below.

Question 1:

(b) no, in all honesty, I would like for the Summer to remain contest free

Question 2:

(b) no, themes restrict smaller country abilities in choosing an okay song

Question 3:

(a) I would like this spinoff to be as far away in similarity to TISC as possible, so the inability to represent your own country would probably be healthier for the contest's integrity. 

Question 1:

Would you like to see a once-off special contest to be held this summer with the final being held at some point during the old Olympic schedule?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 2:

Would you like it to be a themed contest? For example (sports themed, movie themed, instrumental themed, talent show themed, any other themed)?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 3:

If we have a themed contest, which type of theme do you prefer? Please answe even if you answered "No" to Question 2.

(a) Festival of Music style - representing the nations who have not participated in TISC

(b) Sports themed

(c) Movie themed

(d) Instrumental themed

(e) Talent Show themed

(f) Dance Music themed

(g) Dance themed

(h) Other theme - please specify

Comments: (please add all additional comments and opinions in the comment box below.

I think it will be cool if it will be a "Music Olympics" meaning that like the Olympic games have categories Athletics-marathon, 100m etc... and swimming and football ettc.. so it will be here 

it will be given to each country opportunity to choose if there will be representatives in that categories so for example instead of Athleatics- 100m - Rock muisc 80s so it will be like a giant parade of music that spread into a lot of time i am sure it will be a lot of work but the result coud be rewarding as well .

so for anyone who reads it tell me waht you think, suggestions for improvement etc...

Q1: A (Yes)

Q2: B (No, please no)

Q3: Non-English songs (flip the script) or Sports Themed

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela