website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

29 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Sure, go ahead.

TISDC

Totallympics International Song of The Decade Contest

Host : The country with most wins in TISC history.. Top 3 preference to 1st. Else random draw 

Choice of Song - Released between the 1st January 2010 and 31st December 2019

If we all represent different nations there will be some argument regarding country choice. Cause many will represent same nation. Then there is doubt about which nations. Some nations are missing from TISC but have their users so do we represent them or not. If we can then other nations can represent participating TISC  nations which will be quite a mess.

Its sorta confusing .

Maybe in festival of music we can have another contest with top 5 voting of non participants or so if required.

On the other hand if it's TISDC the new users get the best music from the nation in the decade which is quite a good opportunity to look back at the decade. 

If we want to save some time with song selection, we could do this idea.

TISC Allstars

The Top 3 from all 14 editions are thrown in to battle amongst each other for who is the best Totallympics song.

There would be 42 entries, so nothing too crazy yet, but more than enough for an intriguing final. 

And would also be a funny spinoff edition before the 15th TISC milestone.

Of course, that is something that everyone should agree to, because of course, not every country is going to be represented so there would be a lack of diversity, regarding the fact that yesterday we had our first Asian top 3, for example.

Another spin-off-y idea could be that every user has the chance to select their all time favourite TISC song and throw it into the competition and it wouldn't matter which position that song won in the contest. 

43 minutes ago, Werloc said:

If we want to save some time with song selection, we could do this idea.

TISC Allstars

The Top 3 from all 14 editions are thrown in to battle amongst each other for who is the best Totallympics song.

There would be 42 entries, so nothing too crazy yet, but more than enough for an intriguing final. 

And would also be a funny spinoff edition before the 15th TISC milestone.

Of course, that is something that everyone should agree to, because of course, not every country is going to be represented so there would be a lack of diversity, regarding the fact that yesterday we had our first Asian top 3, for example.

Another spin-off-y idea could be that every user has the chance to select their all time favourite TISC song and throw it into the competition and it wouldn't matter which position that song won in the contest. 

Hahahaha

What a way to have a contest with 10-20 nations or so. Anyhow Lithuania didn't make it to top 20 this time so basically you are playing safe by denying opportunity to others . Rather than the newer users listen to the old songs of edition they can look for new. There's enough time. 

Moreover if there is no entry from each user they will not vote either. 

4 minutes ago, Fly_like_a_don said:

Hahahaha

What a way to have a contest with 10-20 nations or so. Anyhow Lithuania didn't make it to top 20 this time so basically you are playing safe by denying opportunity to others . Rather than the newer users listen to the old songs of edition they can look for new. There's enough time. 

Seriously, my second proposition would involve absolutely everybody, because your all time favourite can even be a last place in the contest, it doesn't have to be a previous winner or anything.

I'm not trying to isolate anyone, because I clearly mentioned the problem of representation and that everyone should be okay with it, when I proposed it.

So you making fun of my idea is very shallow, I didn't say anything about yours. 

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Seriously, my second proposition would involve absolutely everybody, because your all time favourite can even be a last place in the contest, it doesn't have to be a previous winner or anything.

I'm not trying to isolate anyone, because I clearly mentioned the problem of representation and that everyone should be okay with it, when I proposed it.

So you making fun of my idea is very shallow, I didn't say anything about yours. 

It's not about mine or your suggestion .Forget the contest for a moment. 

It's that undemocratic idea which I really hate. 

Common sense -

If you all chose 1 best TISC contest Song we may have like 5 songs from one nation and none from other. What good would that be. Then some users may want a different song than what it has represented..Its a very absurd idea. 

I think instead of the Top3s of previous editions it would be better to have the best songs from each countries. And letting the jurors decide which song is their best one. So it would be like a normal TISC, with the one exception being that only previous TISC entries would be eligible. 

For example, I would have to chose one of these 5 Hungarian songs (the last Hungarian entry hasn't been added yet): https://totallympics.com/index.php?/topic/2339-totallympics-international-song-contest-history-and-statistics-thread/page/4/&tab=comments#comment-282574