website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

23 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

The gaming/virtual idea seems a little complicated to get everyone involved.

Which is why I’m not offering to do anything, or try to organize anything until the game comes out on May 7th. I actually have some decent hopes for the game, and I’d love if it were possible to have a little friendly competition in their.

Just an FYI: The game is free, and available for early order. You get a few extra perks if register now. I’m hoping that their might be some real life perks once I get to Tokyo...

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

7 minutes ago, tuniscof said:

all ideas are good, may be everyone could choose a multidisciplinary team from his/her country involving a singer, a dancer, a musician (instrument), a sportsman/sportwoman, an artist  , then we have to look what could be the competition about and the format :p

I think that would turn people off and over complicate things. I think we should stick to one simple idea if we want to do a special event.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

First we should probably just vote if we want to have some kind of a contest similar to TISC in the summer. And then if that vote goes through, we can have a second vote about what kind of a contest that would be, a special TISC where users will be free to send songs from any nation, not just their own, or a Got Talent contest with the TISC format, or something else. 

2 minutes ago, tuniscof said:

that could happen in fantasy games thread for example :p for the people who can and want to play it. nothing to do with music or art :p

Right, the post I made was to just throw ideas for what we can do as a forum with our new found “free time.”

23 minutes ago, Vektor said:

btw, it took me less then one minute to find the first Hungarian act that I would gladly send to a Totallympics Got Talent contest, so it might be easier to find performances for this than I first thought. :d

I've searched for a few minutes and found nothing for Brazil :p This might prove a little more difficult than simply send a song.

14 minutes ago, vinipereira said:

I've searched for a few minutes and found nothing for Brazil :p This might prove a little more difficult than simply send a song.

Hint: it depends on where would we draw the line for a "Got Talent", but technically even some Olympic sports can qualify, because they have "artistic performances". Like figure skating (the gala performances), or artistic swimming. Maybe even some of artistic gymnastics. And outside of the Olympics there's dancing (samba), aerobics, and so on, so our sport knowledge can help to find acts for a "Got Talent". 

45 minutes ago, Vektor said:

Hint: it depends on where would we draw the line for a "Got Talent", but technically even some Olympic sports can qualify, because they have "artistic performances". Like figure skating (the gala performances), or artistic swimming. Maybe even some of artistic gymnastics. And outside of the Olympics there's dancing (samba), aerobics, and so on, so our sport knowledge can help to find acts for a "Got Talent". 

Any “natural aptitude or skill.”