website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

I am wondering, what's better for the contest: start the selection right after the Closing Ceremony where site activity is high and then have a sort of break between the selection and voting while the Paralympics is on (obviously we can't have the voting in the middle of the Paralympics) or we should simply start the contest and the selection "late" in March after the Paralympics? There would still be plenty of time after the Paralympics for everything before Eurovision and the Aquatics WCh. 

9 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I am wondering, what's better for the contest: start the selection right after the Closing Ceremony (February 20) when site activity is high and then have a "break" between the selection and voting while the Paralympics is on (obviously we can't have the voting in the middle of the Paralympics) or we should simply start the contest and the selection "late" in March after the Paralympics (March 13)? 

I was going to suggest that we can open the thread on the day of the Closing Ceremony (right after sounds good) to try to gently herd people from the Winter Olympics over to TISC :d. We could open the voting window on March 13 then if necessary. It’s only 3 weeks after the thread opening which is fine.

All will depend on the host however and which time period suits them. For example, if they can’t host until late April then the schedule would need to move accordingly.

:HUN HUNGARY :HUN Officially Joins the Bidding Contest for TAISC 2022

I can't promise that everything will go 100% smoothly if I will host the contest, but I might as well try to do it now when the interest in hosting is so low.

I am not exactly sure how much free time I will have, but I have already tried to do couple of things to make my life easier with the scoreboard, so maybe, just maybe there won't be any issues with the stuff needed for the Grand Final, regardless of my real life commitments. If something unexpected comes up for me irl, you will get less "cultural posts", for example a shorter Opening Ceremony, but even in the worst case scenario I should be able to do the administrative side of the contest without any major delays.

• 2 weeks later...

:HUN  TISC Annual 2022 - Hungary Here We Come!  :HUN

It is my great pleasure to formally announce Hungary as the host of TISC Annual 2022! :toast:. Congratulations  @Vektor on your successful bid. It is going to be an exciting first trip to Hungary for the Totallympics International Song Contest for what will no doubt be a musical and cultural feast. Thank you for taking up the mantle of TISC host and best of luck with the organisation, we are all behind you :)