website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

TISC Open 2021 Bidding Process:

Just a reminder that we are still open for receiving bids for hosting the Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021.

The bidding remains open until Wednesday 15th, September, 21:00 GMT so anyone interested please post on thread before then.

Thanks to @Dnl for putting his hat into the ring :hatoff:

TISC Open 2021 Host Candidates:

• :ISR Israel

10 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Just a reminder that we are still open for receiving bids for hosting the Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021.

The bidding remains open until Wednesday 15th, September, 21:00 GMT so anyone interested please post on thread before then.

Thanks to @Dnl for putting his hat into the ring :hatoff:

TISC Open 2021 Host Candidates:

• :ISR Israel

My Pleasure:toast:

The bidding window has now officially closed and it is my pleasure to announce that the upcoming Totallympics Open International Song Contest 2021 will be held in :ISR Israel :cheer:

Congratulations @Dnl on your successful bidding. I will be in touch with you by the weekend to discuss a potential schedule and to offer you support with the process. Thanks for taking on the duties and on behalf of all the TISC community I wish you all the best :toast:

See you all soon in Israel for TISC Open 2021 :hatoff:

Hi Everybody! Thank you so much for all the kind words and I hope I could exceed your expectations, I would answer earlier but today is “Yom Kippur” one of the most holiest day there are for Jews and one of the things on this day is the not usage of electronics, but anyway really thrilled to host

• 3 months later...

Now that the 2021 TISC season has come to and end I thought I would share a little update on how the 2021 entries shaped the overall TISC All-Time Top 40.

The Top 40 list is based on points-per-jury (PPJ) averages and is an elite ranking of the songs that scored big amongst our interntional juries. I am happy to report that all 6 medal winning entries from both contests this year made it into the Overall Top 40. However, it was the 2021 Open Contest medalists who made the biggest impact on the Overall Top 40 with :CZE Czech Republic's Lenny making it all the way up to number 12 in the chart. See details below:

TISC Annual Top 40:

New entries in the TISC Annual Top 40:

# 9   :CAN The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (4.78 PPJ)

# 11  :SWE Molly Sandén - Husavik (4.69 PPJ)

# 15 :IRL Dermot Kennedy - Giants (4.44 PPJ)

No other entries from TISC Annual 2021 made it on the All-Time TISC Annual Top 40 chart.

TISC Open Top 40:

New entries in the TISC Open Top 40:

# 8   :CZE Lenny - Hell.o (5.50 PPJ)

# 16 :NZL Gin Wigmore - Written In The Water (5.06 PPJ)

# 18 :SWE Avicii - Wake Me Up (4.92 PPJ)

# 27 :DEN The Rumour Said Fire - The Balcony (4.33 PPJ)

# 38 :FRA Lenny - Claudio Capéo - Un Homme Debout (3.69 PPJ)

TISC Overall Top 40:

New entries in the TISC Overall Top 40:

# 12   :CZE Lenny - Hell.o (5.50 PPJ)

# 23  :NZL Gin Wigmore - Written In The Water (5.06 PPJ)

# 25  :SWE Avicii - Wake Me Up (4.92 PPJ)

# 30  :CAN The Weeknd - Blinding Lights (4.78 PPJ)

# 33  :SWE Molly Sandén - Husavik (4.69 PPJ)

# 40  :IRL Dermot Kennedy - Giants (4.44 PPJ)

Only 5 non-medal winning entries appear in the Overall Top 40 with 2 champions and 16 former medalists now finding themselves outside the Top 40 chart!

The TISC Annual Top 40 chart will be played in the TISC Annual 2022 thread in the days preceding the live show and a similar airing of the TISC Open Top 40 chart is planned for the TISC Open 2022 later in the year.

Then as part of the 20th edition celebrations in 2023 a special Hot 100 Chart will be compiled showcasing the overall Top 100 of all time.

TISC Annual 2022 - Hosting Rights

We are open for bids!!!

I am pleased to announce that the hosting rights for the 18th edition of the Totallympics International Song Contest (TISC Annual 2022) is now open for bidding. 2021 TISC Annual winners, Canada, and runners-up Sweden have both declined their right to host the upcoming edition.

As the 3rd-placed nation, Ireland was next in line to receive the hosting rights. Official confirmation from the Irish delegation states that they prefer to open up the bidding to the wider public, so that all those interested can have their chance to stage the contest. However, the Irish delegation also committed to step in to fill the position if in fact there are no bids forthcoming (which we very much hope will not be the case :d).

All interested parties who would like to host the upcoming edition of TISC are hereby invited to state their interest on this thread by no later than Monday, 24th January. If more than one bid is received, a draw to decide the host will be conducted as per usual TISC rules.

Let the bidding commence!! :bounce:

Bid Candidates:

• :HUN Hungary