website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

@OlympicIRL I think there needs to be a discussion about how points are tabulated for multi-juries after the current contest.

I would propose the following: 

Multi Juries have two options for voting

1) Classic method currently in use

2) the option to submit one set of votes agreed upon by all members of the jury 

The reason I suggest this amendment is because the multi-jury voting is a little wack. For instance, a couple editions back, me and Dez both gave a country (Tunisia or Brazil I think) points, but yet that song got no points in the final combine vote. It seems a little ridiculous that both jury members could decide a song deserves points, but then that song doesn’t get any points.

Something else that could remedy that particular problem would to first rank all songs voted for by all members of the jury, then (if the jury has 3+ members) to rank the songs voted for by multiple members, and then rank songs according to points gained from a single jury member.

I’m just trying to spitball ideas here, so I’d love to here other participants thoughts on all this.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

20 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

@OlympicIRL I think there needs to be a discussion about how points are tabulated for multi-juries after the current contest.

The reason I suggest this amendment is because the multi-jury voting is a little wack. For instance, a couple editions back, me and Dez both gave a country (Tunisia or Brazil I think) points, but yet that song got no points in the final combine vote. It seems a little ridiculous that both jury members could decide a song deserves points, but then that song doesn’t get any points.

Something else that could remedy that particular problem would to first rank all songs voted for by all members of the jury, then (if the jury has 3+ members) to rank the songs voted for by multiple members, and then rank songs according to points gained from a single jury member.

I’m just trying to spitball ideas here, so I’d love to here other participants thoughts on all this.

Sure, I have no objection to having you opening a discussion about this when this contest is over :yes

• 3 weeks later...

Started updating the all-time medal tables...

Fun fact: Team Challenge victory meant the United States finally clinched their first ever TISC gold medal! @dezbee2008 @Olympian1010

There were no first-time medalists on the Grand Final podium. Meanwhile, Kazakhstan earned their first Team Challenge medal.

#banbestmen

On 03/04/2021 at 18:55, Olympian1010 said:

So it might be time to discuss/vote on amendments to how multi-jury points are tabulated @OlympicIRL

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

10 minutes ago, Gianlu33 said:

Again? Italy, the biggest multi-juri delegation, already reject the reform some TISC ago :p

Well my suggestions are for all multi-juries, not just the ones with 4+ members or whatever the last amendment vote was about. 

1 minute ago, Olympian1010 said:

Well my suggestions are for all multi-juries, not just the ones with 4+ members or whatever the last amendment vote was about. 

This suggestion should only be for the two-member juries, in my opinion.

#banbestmen