website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

20 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

That's terrible news indeed and I'm sad to read this. That was a lovely song, I remember it well.

RIP Sara :cry:

The song get's even sadder when you realize that's her brother singing with her about the distance between them. 

Her family is quite famous in Portugal (her father, Tony Carreira, is a huge singer in the country, and his other two kids - Mikael and David - also became famous singers and actors), so this was quite a shock for Portuguese people.

• 3 weeks later...

Cult film H-8... got digitally restored recently (using the original picture and sound negatives).

A little late for TISC itself, but here is the restored version of our entry Sretan Put from TOISC 2020. Picture and sound quality has indeed noticably improved. :yes

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

A new year is here which means our attention will soon be turning towards the TISC Annual 2021. Shawn Mendes claimed last year's Annual contest for Canada, earning his nation the opportunity to host this year's event.

Discussions have been ongoing with the winning jury member @intoronto on his availability to host the upcoming contest. However, after giving it careful consideration, intoronto has concluded that he cannot dedicate the appropriate attention needed to host an event which in his words, he has much respect for:

As much as I'd like to host, I know I cannot commit to a day where I would need to be on the board to host the grand finale. Everything else would seem fine. I have too much respect for this competition and therefore will need to withdraw. I hope in the future my situation will allow me to commit more time to the contest. Thank you for the opportunity.

The possibility of co-hosting was discussed, but for this edition, intoronto has decided to decline hosting rights in the interest of time and has asked that we discuss co-hosting in future and if agreed, he would like to have a chance to become a co-host if the opportunity arises.

Therefore we will open up hosting rights for the upcoming contest and after this contest we will have a vote to agree if a co-hosting opportunity comes up in future if @intoronto may be allowed to be given his chance of hosting.

What all of this means is that we now consult the rulebook to help find our next host:

9. (b) If the winning nation wishes to decline the hosting duties, the runner-up of that edition will then be awarded the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights. If the runner-up also declines the hosting duties, the 3rd placed nation of that edition will have the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights.

The opportunity of hosting will now be offered to last year's runner up China. @Vic Liu will now be given 10 days to decide if he wishes to take up the opportunity of hosting.

If China declines hosting rights, the 3rd-placed nation at last year's TISC Annual, France, will be given the opportunity to host @Bohemia @Benolympique.

If both nations decline we will open up the bidding process per the official rules.

• 2 weeks later...
On 09/01/2021 at 14:19, OlympicIRL said:

A new year is here which means our attention will soon be turning towards the TISC Annual 2021. Shawn Mendes claimed last year's Annual contest for Canada, earning his nation the opportunity to host this year's event.

Discussions have been ongoing with the winning jury member @intoronto on his availability to host the upcoming contest. However, after giving it careful consideration, intoronto has concluded that he cannot dedicate the appropriate attention needed to host an event which in his words, he has much respect for:

The possibility of co-hosting was discussed, but for this edition, intoronto has decided to decline hosting rights in the interest of time and has asked that we discuss co-hosting in future and if agreed, he would like to have a chance to become a co-host if the opportunity arises.

Therefore we will open up hosting rights for the upcoming contest and after this contest we will have a vote to agree if a co-hosting opportunity comes up in future if @intoronto may be allowed to be given his chance of hosting.

What all of this means is that we now consult the rulebook to help find our next host:

9. (b) If the winning nation wishes to decline the hosting duties, the runner-up of that edition will then be awarded the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights. If the runner-up also declines the hosting duties, the 3rd placed nation of that edition will have the opportunity to accept or decline the hosting rights.

The opportunity of hosting will now be offered to last year's runner up China. @Vic Liu will now be given 10 days to decide if he wishes to take up the opportunity of hosting.

If China declines hosting rights, the 3rd-placed nation at last year's TISC Annual, France, will be given the opportunity to host @Bohemia @Benolympique.

If both nations decline we will open up the bidding process per the official rules.

Just a little update on the 2021 TISC Annual hosting. After some consideration @Vic Liu has kindly responded to say that he is unable to commit to hosting the upcoming Annual and as such has decided to pass on the hosting rights.

The hosting rights now rest with France and a private message has been sent to the French jury @Bohemia and @Benolympique to determine if they are in a position to host.

3 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Just a little update on the 2021 TISC Annual hosting. After some consideration @Vic Liu has kindly responded to say that he is unable to commit to hosting the upcoming Annual and as such has decided to pass on the hosting rights.

The hosting rights now rest with France and a private message has been sent to the French jury @Bohemia and @Benolympique to determine if they are in a position to host.

A further development to report this evening is that both French jurors have also declined the hosting rights (thanks to @Bohemia and @Benolympique for their quick response).

This means that we are now receiving bids to host the upcoming Annual! I will post a more detailed post tomorrow with a deadline to declare interest and the details of the process but feel free declare your interest to host from now! :) 

I was thinking about entering this bidding contest, but I want get my first hosting with a win or a Top3 placement, so I will wait a couple of more years until I lose my hope of reaching the Top3. :d It also makes this decision easier that I think @Olympian1010 would be a great host. 

On 06/12/2020 at 00:40, kungshamra71 said:

Sad day to TISC. Today one of the Portuguese :POR participants in the TISC 2019 edition (Sara Carreira) died in a car crash, with only 21 years old.

This was her contest entry: 

Wow, just read this now...one of my all-time favourite TISC entries. Only 21 :cry: 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

TISC Annual 2021 - Bidding For Hosting Rights Now Open

The hosting rights for the upcoming TISC Annual 2021 have become available after the top 3 finishers after the previous edition declined the invitation to host.

This means that the bidding process is now open to all TISC participants to put forward their bid to host the contest. See the below details for the bid process and how the hosting rights will be allocated:

SECTION 9 - FUTURE HOSTING RIGHTS:

9. (a) Upon completion of the relevant song contest, the winning nation will automatically be awarded the rights to host the subsequent Totallympics International Song Contest 1 year later.

The winners of TISC Annual 2020 :CAN Canada declined hosting duties meaning we move on to Rule 9(b)....

The runner-up of TISC Annual 2020 :CHN China and the 3rd-placed finisher :FRA France declined hosting duties meaning we move on to Rule 9(c)....

9. (c) In the event that the hosting rights are declined by the top 3 ranked nations at the previous edition of the relevant TISC, an open bid process will be conducted in order to award the hosting rights. This process will be open to all candidates, first-time hosts as well as previous hosts.

A random draw will take place with each candidate being awarded a number of tickets in the draw. The more tickets a candidate has entered, the better their chance of being selected as host. Here is the process for how the tickets will be distributed:

Each candidate automatically awarded 1 ticket each in the draw. However, additional tickets awarded as follows

- did not host in the previous 5 editions (+1 additional ticket)

- did not host in the previous 10 editions (+1 additional ticket)

- did not host previously (+2 additional tickets)

- took part in the previous bidding process (+1 additional ticket). For first-time hosts, they will add an additional ticket for each edition they are unsuccessful for in bidding, thus increasing their chance slightly with each unsuccessful bid. This increase will only be available for first-time hosts. Additionally, if a first-time host missed 2 consecutive bidding campaigns, then their tickets no longer carry forward and they lose those additional tickets.

List of bids / candidates to host TISC Annual 2021:

I will tag all users who participated in the most recent TISC:

@konig @titicow @stefanbg @dcro @Hipooo @Agger @Wumo @thepharoah @catgamer @Dragon @Janakis @Vektor @Fly_like_a_don @Griff88 @Dnl @Gianlu33 @Henry_Leon @Pablita @SteveParker @Ruslan @Werloc @Glen @mrv86 @Ionoutz24 @heywoodu @Wanderer @rybak @Vojthas @kungshamra71 @IoNuTzZ @NikolaB @hckosice @justony @Cobi @amen09 @tuniscof @dezbee2008

The deadline to receive bids is Friday, 29th January (GMT 23:00) and the draw (if needed) will take place the next day on Saturday, 30th January at a time yet to be specified.

Thank you to @Olympian1010 for showing interest in hosting once again and thanks in advance to anyone else who declares interest.