website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

40 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Now I'm curious as to which other reasons there would be. And to clarify: yes, it was my reason.

Although I must add that I don't really feel strongly about either option, A was more a 'gun to the head' choice. I'm perfectly happy with both A and B.

A wish to enter your second choice of the previous Annual?

#banbestmen

55 minutes ago, dcro said:

A wish to enter your second choice of the previous Annual?

I'm usually already glad if I manage to find one song, I really don't have much of a second choice :d 

But yeah, for some this could possibly be a reason, sadly.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

13 hours ago, Olympian1010 said:

Why are you shooting your own team in the foot!?!

Because I'm not an evil bitch...

But really, if you think about it, we might have a few countries without viable 2020 releases that would compete next year. That doesn't change anyone's chances of winning tho

4 hours ago, Werloc said:

Yeah, my entire reasoning against A is pretty much that I don't know how the competition will look if a bunch of countries just send their second choice of 2019, rather than putting in the research for 2020/21.

Nobody can actually convince me that artists haven't released songs for a year and a half.

Having all concerts cancelled due to various quarantines, releasing a song is literally the only thing that you can do as an artist in this pandemic.

lol that's not happening and you know it!

My reasoning for A is for the few countries that might not have enough releases in 2020 to go with. As for my team, we will have a 2020 song competing next year, that is not a problem

2 hours ago, dezbee2008 said:

lol that's not happening and you know it!

My reasoning for A is for the few countries that might not have enough releases in 2020 to go with. As for my team, we will have a 2020 song competing next year, that is not a problem

This is kind of a fake reason to be honest, the only country from the countries that regularly participate at TISC that could be affected by this is perhaps only Malta.

If some of the larger countries take a hit, then welcome to our world, we regularly have less songs to choose from. And in case you think you're representing our interests, then many of those smaller countries already voted for no extension and some of the bigger countries already voted for A.

Every artist, all over the world has lost so many finances by not being able to get any work. Sure, every country has a handful of artists that haven't struggled too much since they're always first in line to get copious amount of gigs whenever quarantines are stopped and such.

And what you're telling me right now is that all of these people that couldn't go out there and perform, chose to spend the entire year doing absolutely nothing? No, they for sure kept releasing songs so that they would have something to do on social media in order to stay relevant to have an audience pull after quarantine is over. The least we can do is honour the struggle and look back at what artists were able to create during this tough year for entertainment. 

This annual contest could be one of the most interesting ones that we've had and I'm speaking from a country that's probably bottom 5 based on population from all the participants. 

Honestly curious how the music industry was holding up in Malta during the pandemic @Glen ?

9 minutes ago, Werloc said:

This is kind of a fake reason to be honest, the only country from the countries that regularly participate at TISC that could be affected by this is perhaps only Malta.

If some of the larger countries take a hit, then welcome to our world, we regularly have less songs to choose from. And in case you think you're representing our interests, then many of those smaller countries already voted for no extension and some of the bigger countries already voted for A.

Every artist, all over the world has lost so many finances by not being able to get any work. Sure, every country has a handful of artists that haven't struggled too much since they're always first in line to get copious amount of gigs whenever quarantines are stopped and such.

And what you're telling me right now is that all of these people that couldn't go out there and perform, chose to spend the entire year doing absolutely nothing? No, they for sure kept releasing songs so that they would have something to do on social media in order to stay relevant to have an audience pull after quarantine is over. The least we can do is honour the struggle and look back at what artists were able to create during this tough year for entertainment. 

This annual contest could be one of the most interesting ones that we've had and I'm speaking from a country that's probably bottom 5 based on population from all the participants. 

Honestly curious how the music industry was holding up in Malta during the pandemic @Glen ?

You're an artist so you obviously know something I don't about how the pandemic is really affecting the music industry. But you think the 2021 annual would consist of half of the countries with songs released in 2019 and therefore affect your chances and those of other countries who have 2020 material, then I got a bridge to sell you, my friend.

Like I said, I'm not worried about the US song selection as we have a lot to choose from, and quite frankly, I'm not worried about yours either since you have inside knowledge. If we end up not extending, then I'll be okay with it too.

8 minutes ago, dezbee2008 said:

You're an artist so you obviously know something I don't about how the pandemic is really affecting the music industry. But you think the 2021 annual would consist of half of the countries with songs released in 2019 and therefore affect your chances and those of other countries who have 2020 material, then I got a bridge to sell you, my friend.

Like I said, I'm not worried about the US song selection as we have a lot to choose from, and quite frankly, I'm not worried about yours either since you have inside knowledge. If we end up not extending, then I'll be okay with it too.

I don't care about chances, I'm just genuinely interested how 2020 music industry looked all over the world, because frankly, I only know how it looked in the US, UK and LTU.

6 minutes ago, Werloc said:

I don't care about chances, I'm just genuinely interested how 2020 music industry looked all over the world, because frankly, I only know how it looked in the US, UK and LTU.

I see your point, and honestly I would like to know too, but extending the time period is a 'last resort' thing that might end up not being needed, hence why Dan asked in the first place.

Damn, I know it's popular to hate on Shawn Mendes here, but anyone that is interested in the music industry should watch his new documentary on Netflix "Shawn Mendes: In Wonder".

It was just too real for me, having experienced a lot of stuff similar as him, just on a much smaller scale.

I can easily say that it was the first time that a film moved me that much, it also made me look back at what a difficult year this one has been for me and all of my fellow entertainers. But it also helped me to look forward at what's to come and what I've been working for my entire life.