website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

In the case of Spain, the number of songs released has not changed much with respect to 2019, but I am ok with extending the eligibility period a few months if this helps some users.

Question 1 - A

Question 2 - B

Yeah, my entire reasoning against A is pretty much that I don't know how the competition will look if a bunch of countries just send their second choice of 2019, rather than putting in the research for 2020/21.

Nobody can actually convince me that artists haven't released songs for a year and a half.

Having all concerts cancelled due to various quarantines, releasing a song is literally the only thing that you can do as an artist in this pandemic.

Honestly, we can say with some certainty that COVID-19 is not necessarily the main reason why someone would vote for A.

So maybe there needs to be 2/3 majority for this motion to pass. Burden of proof rests on the new option, not the outstanding one.

#banbestmen

I think it goes against the point of Annual if we extend the eligibility window, so while it will certainly be harder to find good songs and we might have a fewer number of countries participating, I think it should remain the same. 

B

B (If we extend it) 

32 minutes ago, dcro said:

Honestly, we can say with some certainty that COVID-19 is not necessarily the main reason why someone would vote for A.

So maybe there needs to be 2/3 majority for this motion to pass. Burden of proof rests on the new option, not the outstanding one.

It's a tie right now. I'm happy at least with that, I thought it would be a one-sided vote towards A.

Edit: nevermind 7:8 rn

Just now, Vektor said:

btw, is Canada confirmed to be able host the next Annual? I am only asking because I think there wasn't any official announcement in the Open 2020 thread (unless I missed it). 

I believe Canada confirmed to host. 

No news from Serbia on the other hand.

53 minutes ago, dcro said:

Now I'm curious as to which other reasons there would be. And to clarify: yes, it was my reason.

Although I must add that I don't really feel strongly about either option, A was more a 'gun to the head' choice. I'm perfectly happy with both A and B.

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!