website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Just now, heywoodu said:

Yeah I'm gonna need some (read: a lot of) designing help for that, but other than that it should be fine :p 

When would a nice Netherlands video be wanted for now? :d 

On the day of the Closing Ceremony on the old Olympic schedule (i.e. Sunday 9th August) :d

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

On the day of the Closing Ceremony on the old Olympic schedule (i.e. Sunday 9th August) :d

That should be no problem :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

48 minutes ago, heywoodu said:

Yeah I'm gonna need some (read: a lot of) designing help for that, but other than that it should be fine :p 

When would a nice Netherlands video be wanted for now? :d 

I enjoy some simple editing. I’d be more than happy to help if you need it :d

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

On 06/06/2020 at 20:21, OlympicIRL said:

Points Scoring Format For Group Stages:

10 Jurors vote in each match:

Win by 10-0 = 5 points

Win by 9-1 = 4 points

Win by 8-2 = 4 points

Win by 7-3 = 3 points

Win by 6-4 = 3 points

Draw 5-5 = 2 points

Lose by 4-6 = 1 point

Lose by 3-7 - 1 point

Lose by 2-8 = 0 points

Lose by 1-9 = 0 points

Lose by 0-10 = -1 point

I actually like this. Makes the matches feel a bit more significant.

12 hours ago, Werloc said:

I actually like this. Makes the matches feel a bit more significant.

But then again, it will create trouble whenever someone fails to deliver their votes on time. What happens then? Another juror steps in? Who? What is the deadline for this additional vote? In the end it's just easier to use 3-1-0 system. After all, 3-1-0 system is used commonly in sports, and immitating sport tournaments seems to be the aim of this format.

Votes difference can be used for tie breaks though. Knowing how TISC voting usually goes, probably quite a few of them will need to be resolved.

#banbestmen

• 2 weeks later...

Any plans as to when the registration period will commence? July 1st, perhaps?

Following the registration period, there will be some time needed to form the groups, inform users on their match assignments and wait for the deliberation before their tournament starts.

#banbestmen

5 minutes ago, dcro said:

Any plans as to when the registration period will commence? July 1st, perhaps?

Following the registration period, there will be some time needed to form the groups, inform users on their match assignments and wait for the deliberation before their tournament starts.

I will open the thread this Friday 19th June and registration will take place immediately. That means participants will need to send me a private message during the registration period to tell me which nation they are representing.

And participants will probably be asked to choose 3 nations in order they prefer in case one is already chosen. 

It’s a problem though about secrecy if you are one of first to register and the country you want is already gone. You will have some idea who might have chosen that nation if there is only couple of participants already registered. I don’t think it’s a big deal though. 

2 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

And participants will probably be asked to choose 3 nations in order they prefer in case one is already chosen. 

It’s a problem though about secrecy if you are one of first to register and the country you want is already gone. You will have some idea who might have chosen that nation if there is only couple of participants already registered. I don’t think it’s a big deal though. 

Just don’t reveal to users what country they have until the registration period is open. 

Also, can we get a list of eligible nations before registration opens.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Also, what about allowing @OlympicIRL to take part? Now we have everything figured out, and aside from knowing who represents which nation, there does not seem to be much difference in his role (as long as he casts his votes before everyone else).

Alternatively, maybe @OlympicIRL can abstain from voting, but still be allowed to put forward his entry?

#banbestmen