website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Ok so I think after all entries are registered we can draw the groups and allocate the jurors to the matches.

The jurors have until the beginning of the first matchday in the groups to vote on their matches in the group stage.

After the group stages we will invite increasing numbers of jurors to vote in each round until the final medal matches where everyone will vote.

I am guessing the contest is meant to last for the duration of the old Olympic schedule? If so that is July 22nd - August 9th. I will see what kind of schedule that allows for in terms of time allocated for group stage and knockout rounds.

I was thinking on the day the Opening Schedule was supposed to happen we can host some nice TISC tribute. No matches on that day just like in the Olympics. Maybe that re-run of first ever TISC.

3 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I am guessing the contest is meant to last for the duration of the old Olympic schedule? If so that is July 21st - August 9th. I will see what kind of schedule that allows for in terms of time allocated for group stage and knockout rounds.

I was thinking on the day the Opening Schedule was supposed to happen we can host some nice TISC tribute. No matches on that day just like in the Olympics. Maybe that re-run of first ever TISC.

Yes, 16 days should be quite ideal duration-wise for a tournament like this one. It will probably allow to have a couple of days between the matches of the same group, keeping the anticipation high.

I like the idea of a special Opening Ceremony / TISC tribute, too.

#banbestmen

Ok and this is just so I can get my head around the logistics of this. An example of what a schedule may look like if we had something like 32 participants and 8 groups of 4. I have factored in a day for repechages in case we cannot simplify to 16 after the group stages and also voting days before the semi-finals and the medal matches to give extra time for members to vote in these important stages of the contest.

The problem is I will not be available for some of those days as I will be on holiday from work at that time and I want to spend time doing other things :p

Also any ideas for TISC tributes? I think it's also fitting since this is a milestone TISC year with edition #15 coming up so will be nice to have some tributes or celebrations.

Wed, July 22nd

Group A: Round Robin Matches

Group B: Round Robin Matches

Thur, July 23rd

Group C: Round Robin Matches

Group D: Round Robin Matches

Fri, July 24th

TISC Tribute: TISC Open 2013 Replay???

Japan Tribute

Sat, July 25th

Group E: Round Robin Matches

Group F: Round Robin Matches

Group G: Round Robin Matches

Sun, July 26th

Group H: Round Robin Matches

Mon, July 27th

Tue, July 28th

Wed, July 29th

Thur, July 30th

Fri, July 31st

Sat, August 1st  Repechages if needed (if we do not have a neat 8 group format)
 Sun, August 2nd  Round of 16 (Matches 1 - 4)
 Mon, August 3rd  Round of 16 (Matches 5 - 8)
 Tue, August 4th  Quarter - Finals
 Wed, August 5th  Voting Day
 Thur, August 6th  Semi - Finals
 Fri, August 7th  Voting Day
 Sat, August 8th  MEDAL MATCHES
 Sun, August 9th  TISC Tribute

As I was suggesting earlier, we should have Japan as the host country even if the user(s) hosting the contest won't be the ones who submit a song from Japan (and I am sure someone will represent Japan in the contest, it's literally most culturally significant country in the world that never competed in TISC). We can have an Opening Ceremony celebrating Japan and their culture. You can fill a ceremony just with film and anime music alone (some of which are sport themed), they have sooo many well-known songs. :d

2 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

The problem is I will not be available for some of those days as I will be on holiday from work at that time and I want to spend time doing other things :p

Hopefully you can keep @Sindo (or some other non-participant) in the loop, so that they can at least post the daily results in case you are not able to.

#banbestmen

2 minutes ago, Vektor said:

As I was suggesting earlier, we should have Japan as the host country even if the user(s) hosting the contest won't be the ones who submit a song from Japan (and I am sure someone will represent Japan in the contest, it's literally most culturally significant country in the world that never competed in TISC). We can have an Opening Ceremony celebrating Japan and their culture. You can fill a ceremony just with film and anime music alone (some of which are sport themed), they have sooo many well-known songs. :d

That's a neat idea!

11 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

I was so happy when I booked time off work for the 2 week duration of the Olympics. Little did I know the Olympics would be cancelled and I would be organising this :d

You could’ve done what used to do during high school, and just watched them anyways. Nothing says trigonometry, like sport climbing at the YOG :p

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

I think we should set a minimum number of jurors who has to vote for a given match. For example, we draw 10 jurors for a match, and as long as at least 3 jurors voted before the deadline, the match will have an official result, even if 7 jurors missed the deadline. If less than the minimum number of jurors voted for the match, the host picks new jurors with a draw until we reach this minimum threshold. 

I think the threshold should at least be 50% of jurors selected for said match, so in this case, 5.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela