website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Question 1:

Would you like to see a once-off special contest to be held this summer with the final being held at some point during the old Olympic schedule?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 2:

Would you like it to be a themed contest? For example (sports themed, movie themed, instrumental themed, talent show themed, any other themed)?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 3:

If we have a themed contest, which type of theme do you prefer? Please answer even if you answered "No" to Question 2.

(a) Festival of Music style - representing the nations who have not participated in TISC

(b) Sports themed

(c) Movie themed

(d) Instrumental themed

(e) Talent Show themed

(f) Dance Music themed

(g) Dance themed

(h) Other theme - please specify

Question 1:

Would you like to see a once-off special contest to be held this summer with the final being held at some point during the old Olympic schedule?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 2:

Would you like it to be a themed contest? For example (sports themed, movie themed, instrumental themed, talent show themed, any other themed)?

(a) Yes

(b) No

Question 3:

If we have a themed contest, which type of theme do you prefer? Please answer even if you answered "No" to Question 2.

(a) Festival of Music style - representing the nations who have not participated in TISC

(b) Sports themed

(c) Movie themed

(d) Instrumental themed

(e) Talent Show themed

(f) Dance Music themed

(g) Dance themed

(h) Other theme - please specify

So far from reading through the replies, most people would like to see some kind of contest to be held during that period when the Olympics would have been held.

And from the options so far, a lot of people are favouring the Festival of Music option and then also some appetite for a sports theme too.

I will allow time for more input but currently I'm thinking we could hold a contest based on a Festival of Music type concept. Users could represent the nations who have not taken part in TISC. Also to incorporate some type of sports theme, then the format could be in the style of a sporting tournament, with either groups or knock-out rounds as some have suggested.

I agree with those who said it should feel much different to TISC so that users don't feel fatigued when the 15th milestone edition of TISC begins just a month or 2 after that. We want to have as much participation there as possible and who knows, maybe this once-off different style of contest will attract someone new.

The suggestion that users' choice of nation is kept secret is a good idea also and is another element to help it feel like something different.

7 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

The suggestion that users' choice of nation is kept secret is a good idea also and is another element to help it feel like something different.

Would that mean that when registering you would have to contact the host of that particular event and tell them which country you want?

And then they would also have to post the song for you, to not give away the country you're representing?

37 minutes ago, Werloc said:

Would that mean that when registering you would have to contact the host of that particular event and tell them which country you want?

And then they would also have to post the song for you, to not give away the country you're representing?

I haven’t considered how exactly but yes it would have to be something like that.

How about having this dimension for the one-off edition?

Instead of revealing all their points, the juries only reveal their medalists. All other points are meanwhile secretly summed up and revealed in bulk, Eurovision-style. :d

#banbestmen

4 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

So far from reading through the replies, most people would like to see some kind of contest to be held during that period when the Olympics would have been held.

And from the options so far, a lot of people are favouring the Festival of Music option and then also some appetite for a sports theme too.

I will allow time for more input but currently I'm thinking we could hold a contest based on a Festival of Music type concept. Users could represent the nations who have not taken part in TISC. Also to incorporate some type of sports theme, then the format could be in the style of a sporting tournament, with either groups or knock-out rounds as some have suggested.

I agree with those who said it should feel much different to TISC so that users don't feel fatigued when the 15th milestone edition of TISC begins just a month or 2 after that. We want to have as much participation there as possible and who knows, maybe this once-off different style of contest will attract someone new.

I like the head-to-head idea, but that will take some planning to pull off.

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

My question is will 1 event replace 16 days. Can't it be multi event with multi hosts? Because according to history there have been a lot of song contests so this time it should be not just song but also dance and many others. More over having knockout is nice but how the draws be made like all good ones can go one half and if someone decides it's not right because everyone has different taste of music. 

+ too difficult to expect all juries vote on knockout. We'll surely end up losing few or postpone voting time 

My answer would be 1a 2a 3a-h

With h :

Socially relevant song

Dance

Personal photography posting pics on twitter page of Totallympics media sending them

Something like knock out for short film contest works because not many will participate. Maybe 12-16 active users usually. And the success can be seen

Last but not the least even the winners of prediction contests can be medalled. It would be quite a amazing festival at the forum. 

By having just top 3 for songs and dance  even decreases load on host

Even there can be a open 1k 2k and 5k run (closest to WR wins as both men and women are participating)  provided lockdown eases by then. There are a couple of apps which measure distance and the screenshots can be sent here after the race.