website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

27 minutes ago, Vektor said:

I didn't want to make another post about a potential "special edition" in the Annual 2020 thread, because this is a topic for this thread, so I will say one more thing about it here: IF we have a special contest, I think it should be "in Japan", and therefore the user hosting the event should represent Japan. But it may not be easy to find a user who has the time and energy to host a TISC, and knows enough about the Japanese culture. 

As for the question of whether we should have a "one-time-only" special edition this summer... well, this might be the most empty summer ever in terms of international sport events, so... personally I think it's worth a vote in this thread. 

Sure, we can discuss it, there is no harm in that. If users want a special once-off edition because of the year we are having with the virus and Olympics being cancelled then we can of course follow that wish IF it is the wish of the community.

We would also want to discuss what it would involve. TISC Open 2020 in Netherlands will still be the milestone 15th TISC edition, so this would be seen as a special one of a kind type edition, separate from the mainstream editions.

Also it might be fun to make it one where we represent the nations who are absent from TISC or Totallympics in general. But that can also be decided upon. It would first need to be shown that there is an appetite for it (at least a few users showing interest), and then there would be a vote and finally a discussion about the format.

7 minutes ago, OlympicIRL said:

Sure, we can discuss it, there is no harm in that. If users want a special once-off edition because of the year we are having with the virus and Olympics being cancelled then we can of course follow that wish IF it is the wish of the community.

We would also want to discuss what it would involve. TISC Open 2020 in Netherlands will still be the milestone 15th TISC edition, so this would be seen as a special one of a kind type edition, separate from the mainstream editions.

Also it might be fun to make it one where we represent the nations who are absent from TISC or Totallympics in general. But that can also be decided upon. It would first need to be shown that there is an appetite for it (at least a few users showing interest), and then there would be a vote and finally a discussion about the format.

i also think the countries we pick are a secret.

Just now, intoronto said:

i also think the countries we pick are a secret.

I think it's a nice idea. It would mean having to involve a neutral party which I am sure we will be able to find helpers and having ways to make sure people are not nominating the same country.

It would also mean that members of our usual multi-member juries in TISC would be free to compete on their own for a change.

it would be a Festival of Music like edition but with rules and awarding points :p:bounce: i like the idea .. and yes they should be countries which never had the chance of participating in TISC or may be those who participated just once :mumble:. I also like the "secret choice" part :thumbup:

1 hour ago, Vektor said:

I didn't want to make another post about a potential "special edition" in the Annual 2020 thread, because this is a topic for this thread, so I will say one more thing about it here: IF we have a special contest, I think it should be "in Japan", and therefore the user hosting the event should represent Japan. But it may not be easy to find a user who has the time and energy to host a TISC, and knows enough about the Japanese culture. 

As for the question of whether we should have a "one-time-only" special edition this summer... well, this might be the most empty summer ever in terms of international sport events, so... personally I think it's worth a vote in this thread. 

I like your idea. And I think this doesn't need to have a "host", just a group of individuals willing to give their time to put on a good show. Honestly I would be more than happy to help with visuals and whatelse is necessary.

I remember some years ago there was an idea of these "special editions", with some theme. If we go this route, I think a good theme for this edition would be music about something sport-related. Don't know if it's feasible for all nations here, but it would be a nice way to relate the contest with the Olympics that would have happened about the same time. Of course this is just an idea, this special contest could be anything else as long it's not a traditional "Annual" or "Open" edition.

What if we didn’t do music, so as not to steal @heywoodu thunder for the 15th edition. We could do something with dance groups, or a “got talent” type thing. I just thought I’d offer those up as alternatives.

I try and host a special edition competition in a virtual format. It could be a special edition music contest, hosted in Minecraft with the full compliment of ceremonies, parade of nations, concerts, etc.

I could also arrange a form of mock Olympics using non-playable characters, and people could pick teams, and whatnot.

Mu final suggestion would be that we wait until May 7th, and check out the Tokyo2020 mobile game. It looks super corny, but supposedly you can play online against friends, so theoretically we could have our own mini Olympics (and I’d love to organize something like that. To be honest, I already plan to if it’s possible, but I thought I’d just throw it out there now.)

I’m pretty much cool with whatever. I think having activities to keep us preoccupied during these difficult times is a great idea. I’m down to help in whatever fashion I can. I’ll have to balance whatever we do with University, but major isn’t work intensive, so that shouldn’t be too hard. So I’m all ears to whatever y’all want to do (or not do).

“Sport has the power to change the world. It has the power to inspire. Sport can create hope where once there was only despair” - Nelson Mandela

Hm, a Got Talent version is an interesting idea. So basically a contest similar to TISC where we can submit any kind of acts from our country, excluding music with lyrics (so instrumental music would still be eligible). That sounds just as intriguing as a special TISC. 

21 minutes ago, Olympian1010 said:

What if we didn’t do music, so as not to steal @heywoodu thunder for the 15th edition. We could do something with dance groups, or a “got talent” type thing. I just thought I’d offer those up as alternatives.

I try and host a special edition competition in a virtual format. It could be a special edition music contest, hosted in Minecraft with the full compliment of ceremonies, parade of nations, concerts, etc.

I could also arrange a form of mock Olympics using non-playable characters, and people could pick teams, and whatnot.

Mu final suggestion would be that we wait until May 7th, and check out the Tokyo2020 mobile game. It looks super corny, but supposedly you can play online against friends, so theoretically we could have our own mini Olympics (and I’d love to organize something like that. To be honest, I already plan to if it’s possible, but I thought I’d just throw it out there now.)

I’m pretty much cool with whatever. I think having activities to keep us preoccupied during these difficult times is a great idea. I’m down to help in whatever fashion I can. I’ll have to balance whatever we do with University, but major isn’t work intensive, so that shouldn’t be too hard. So I’m all ears to whatever y’all want to do (or not do).

The gaming/virtual idea seems a little complicated to get everyone involved, but I like the idea of other talents involved other than songs.

il y a 43 minutes, vinipereira a dit :

I like your idea. And I think this doesn't need to have a "host", just a group of individuals willing to give their to put on a good show. Honestly I would be more than happy to help with visuals and whatelse is necessary.,.. this special contest could be anything else as long it's not a traditional "Annual" or "Open" edition.

something like Euro 2020 in multiple venues may be :p or no specific venues to make it easier :d  also something like a Youth Olympics :p

all ideas are good, may be everyone could choose a multidisciplinary team from his/her country involving a singer, a dancer, a musician (instrument), a sportsman/sportwoman, an artist  , then we have to look what could be the competition about and the format :p