website statistics

Totallympics International Song Contest Discussion

Question 1: C

Question 2: A

Although I agree that there should be a difference between annual contest and open contest, I don't think 5-year hole is a good solution. Why not simply have annual contest for new songs and open contest for all other songs? For example this year we had annual contest for songs published after 1st January 2015 while in open contest we have songs published before that date.

Imagine that an user really likes one song from 2014, but he/she can't enter it because of this rule and they have to wait for 3 years to do that. Where are we going to be in 3 years... Anyway, seems fair that songs from every year should be allowed to enter in one TISC season.

As for question 2, although I would like to host it I think winners should have priority.

Edited by dcro

#banbestmen

Just now, heywoodu said:

How should TISC contests be organised in terms of hosting?

(a) The previous winner should always have the first option to host the contest

A :)

No obligation but indeed the first option to choose. 

so you don't want to host
if you vote "A" you will wait more than 20 years

3 minutes ago, bestmen said:

so you don't want to host
if you vote "A" you will wait more than 20 years

Correct, I don't want to host :p 

If you'd like to help our fellow Totallympics member Bruna Moura get to the 2026 Winter Olympics, after her car crash on the way to the 2022 Olympics, every tiny bit of help would be greatly appreciated! Full story and how to help can be found here!

So.. here's my thoughts:

1 > B

Since I'm quite new here. I don't know much about these.. Perhaps 10 years is much better than 5, so it can give more music variations.

2 > B(?)

My idea is that if the winner doesn't want to host, we can make it to an open bid for others.

2 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

2 > B(?)

My idea is that if the winner doesn't want to host, we can make it to an open bid for others.

That's how the process works currently under A.... the winner is given first choice and if they can't host it then we allow others to bid. Under option B the previous winner won't be given the first choice to host.

1 minute ago, OlympicIRL said:

That's how the process works currently under A.... the winner is given first choice and if they can't host it then we allow others to bid. Under option B the previous winner won't be given the first choice to host.

Didn't read that properly then :facepalm:

Guess I'm too tired