website statistics

Taekwondo WT World Championships 2019

thepharoah

Just now, Shravan Kumar said:

Will the IOC take same action it took regarding India in shooting?

well this is not a direct Olympic qualification tournament and UK is not India. so I'm sure no. and I'm almost sure there will be no penalty for them. 

the maximum WTF could do about it was letting him to participate even if he could make it to Manchester tonight (they said to Iranian officials they will have weight-in only for him few minutes before the competition) but no chance even for that.

Edited by MHSN

There should be an international (based on some IOC-UN agreement) protocol of non-visa communication for sportspeople (athletes and coaches) in case of major sport events like Olympics, World Championships, Continental Championships and Games, World Cups and so on (depending on the discipline's hierarchy).

Just now, dcro said:

Taekwondo still doesn't have a proper results system for the World championships? Unbelieveable.

There is a youtube link on the official site with the screen of next scheduled matches and current ones as well, but if you look for the result of previous matches you have to scroll back the video to find out what you're looking for :lol:

tbh, I see quite an amateurish organization in this first day of the champs...they're always outside the schedule, there are a lot of technical problems and I don't even want to mention the bad coverage in terms of results recap, poor picture quality and many other minor details between the WT website and the YT streams...:facepalm:

and, icing on the cake, the awful results of the Italian athletes...:nopompom:

I'm just asking myself why am I following this thing? :rofl::facepalm:

by the way, the semis of the women's -46kg and of the men's -58kg have been completed...

Men's 58kg

:MEX Plaza b. :POR Braganca

:KOR Jang b. :ARG Guzman

Women's 46kg

:IRI Momenzadeh b. :CHN Tan

:KOR Sim b. :THA Khantikulanon

and guess what? Korea have already 2 athletes out of 2 in the Gold Medal match...:whistle::coffee:

and finally we have the last results of the day, too...

Women's 73kg

:KOR Lee b. :FRA Ble

:MEX Espinoza b. :TUR Kus

which means that Korea are 3 for 3 in the Gold Medal matches on day #1 and Mexico also had a wonderful day with 2 guys in the final act of their respective weight classes...

Edited by phelps