website statistics

Summer Olympics Games 2020 Opening Ceremony Flag Bearers

:BRA

Bruno Rezende (volleyball) 

Ketleyn Quadros

Bruninho is very famous here, its a obvious choice and I liked it.

Ketleyn was the first brazilian woman to win a medal in a individual sport (judo) back in Beijing 2008 but was a big surprise. I liked this choice too.

I would love to see Formiga as a flagbearer but she will play in another city few hours after the ceremony, so, it was impossible

11 hours ago, LuizGuilherme said:

:BRA

Bruno Rezende (volleyball) 

Ketleyn Quadros

Bruninho is very famous here, its a obvious choice and I liked it.

Ketleyn was the first brazilian woman to win a medal in a individual sport (judo) back in Beijing 2008 but was a big surprise. I liked this choice too.

I would love to see Formiga as a flagbearer but she will play in another city few hours after the ceremony, so, it was impossible

I was expecting someone from Surfing ou Skateboarding... but I liked the choices!

Same thing in Vietnam, as long as the flag bearers are tall and young, their performances do not matter :lol: Our flag bearers this time are Quách Thị Lan (athletics) and Nguyễn Huy Hoàng (swimming), who have almost 0 chance of winning a medal. Our only gold medalist Hoàng Xuân Vinh (shooting) was not chosen (probably too old). Neither were our hopes in weightlifting (probably too short) :facepalm:

3 hours ago, hckošice said:

so we are still missing 111 countries.

12 of them will have only 2 athletes so we may expect them to be the flagbearers (If their NOCs will opt for 2 flagbearers)

According to the flag form NOCs are required to submit two names, one male and one female. not sure how it will work for the male or female only countries

1 hour ago, River Knight said:

Same thing in Vietnam, as long as the flag bearers are tall and young, their performances do not matter :lol: Our flag bearers this time are Quách Thị Lan (athletics) and Nguyễn Huy Hoàng (swimming), who have almost 0 chance of winning a medal. Our only gold medalist Hoàng Xuân Vinh (shooting) was not chosen (probably too old). Neither were our hopes in weightlifting (probably too short) :facepalm:

I believe this guy has to compete in men's 10m Air Pistol next day morning, it just makes sense for him to not attend the opening ceremony