website statistics

Summer Olympics Games 2020 Opening Ceremony Flag Bearers

5 hours ago, Vic Liu said:

Japanese are quite smart. Only Korea, China and Japan three NOCs are written in Kanji (Chinese Character), all other NOCs are written in Hiragana(phonetic Romanization). On one hand, it shows respect to neighbors because Kanji seems more classic than Hiragana. On the other hand, it splits Chinese Taipei and China to avoid sequence next to each other if written in Kanji at the same. It makes all sides satisfied.

So China is actually not offended if Chinese Taipei marched before them except when China is hosting... I always thought that Nagano 1998 uses English because of this case.

Anyway it is Katakana instead of Hiragana

57 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

So China is actually not offended if Chinese Taipei marched before them except when China is hosting... I always thought that Nagano 1998 uses English because of this case.

Anyway it is Katakana instead of Hiragana

China is not offended at all. China hopes to lead right after Hong Kong and Taipei, but it’s fine if it doesn’t make it. Taipei asked to split them from China in Beijing 2008 and China agreed so I think it will not be barrier for other OG. But still it needs some sort of art to make it natural as what Japan just did.

21 minutes ago, Vic Liu said:

China is not offended at all. China hopes to lead right after Hong Kong and Taipei, but it’s fine if it doesn’t make it. Taipei asked to split them from China in Beijing 2008 and China agreed so I think it will not be barrier for other OG. But still it needs some sort of art to make it natural as what Japan just did.

Yeah only Japanese and Korean have the possibility to do this.

It is still possible for Hong Kong to march as "Chuugoku Honkon (中国香港)" - we can't be sure on anything until the opening itself

17 minutes ago, Griff88 said:

Yeah only Japanese and Korean have the possibility to do this.

It is still possible for Hong Kong to march as "Chuugoku Honkon (中国香港)" - we can't be sure on anything until the opening itself

I guess not but I’m looking forward to seeing the result. In this case Hong Kong should not be separated by China. Then only Taipei is separated. :finger: It’s not a beautiful art anymore and the purpose is over exposed. Obscurity is the art of Japan.

21 hours ago, OlympicIRL said:

Here is the order the nations will march during the Parade of Nations (according to wikipedia at least):

Airurando (aka Ireland :d) will be the 4th nation into the stadium after Greece, the refugee team and Iceland.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2020_Summer_Olympics_Parade_of_Nations

North Macedonia on Japanese is Kita Makedonia ???

Its fun that even on Macedonian kita means dick ???